X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Telstar
    • Dec 2007

CAP-100 volume control issue

I'm having an issue with the volume control.
    The volume knob got loose last week and it can be pulled out. The volume control still worked using the remote or the knob itself.

Yesterday, we moved the amplifier on another shelf and since then the volume is fixed to a certain dB, using remote or the knob (which turns) does not change it. This volume setting is a bit high for my usual listening habits, so I cannot listen to Music at late evening.

Anybody knows if this is easy to fix? I suspect something disconnected in the inside that was already loose.

I contacted both Classé support and the Italian distributor this morning and I'm waiting for a reply, but I cant stop thinking about it.
    Last edited by Telstar; 04 February 2008, 17:13 Monday.
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

What is a manopule ? A photo or photos may be helpful.

Comment

• Telstar
      • Dec 2007

Good news: the volume control works. It was me that I did a silly noobish mistake: i plugged the rca connectors into the pre out

I still want to fix the knob (sorry for the bad english, i meant this with "manopule") with a screw. Do you know which kind should I get? I think i can do that myself.

Anyway, Classé support is top notch. I cannot say the same about "Audiogamma": they didnt call me nor send an email.

Comment

• Glen B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2004

I'm glad to know the problem was something simple. Did the screw actually fall out completely or is it just loose and still in the knob ? I can't help you with a screw size if its lost, you will have to look around for a suitably sized replacement.

Comment

• Telstar
          • Dec 2007

I just checked with a metal thread and it seems that the screw is still there. It wasn't loose 2 weeks ago. So, I need only a little screwdriver. Not sure if star or flat. I'm going out to check.

Comment

• Telstar
            • Dec 2007

I need to get an Allen Key 1/16"

I would like to thank publically Tom McConville of Classé CS.

Comment

• Telstar
              • Dec 2007

FYI i got the allen key (I ended ordering 2 on the web, yes 2 to be safe that it wasn't bent.): 1€ the keys and 10€ shipping.

Anyway, the knob is perfect now ))

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"