X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duncanmccloud
    • Dec 2004

Rsx 1055

I just found this site with its wealth of information. I was looking for an answer to my question but I probably missed it. Anyway, I own a Rotel RSX 1055 and I dont hear much out of the surround speakers. There is sound but it's too low for my taste. Maybe I set it up wrong on the osd menu?
    I use 5 channel for all my video needs. I listen to music on a separate 2 channel system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Did you calibrate the speakers volume with the test tones and and SPL meter? Also what are your sources for video?

Comment

• duncanmccloud
      • Dec 2004

Yes to speaker test tones. No to SPL meter. My DVD Player is a Rotel 995. TV is a ViewSonic 425 Plasma. Thank you for your time.

Comment

• Marcel B
        • Nov 2004

I set my levels with a SPL meter and later only by sing my ears and test tones and found the same settings.

Did you set the delay (speaker distance) exactly right ?
        This makes a lot of difference, especially when using non-digital surround modes.

Test it with a source with a lot going on in the surrounds (U-571 with depth charges in the rear )

Marcel B

Comment

• kudeta
          • Sep 2004

Are you using a digital cable between your DVD and RSX 1055? I too had the same problem until the wonderful people on this forum asked me that question. Sure enough digital cable in, problem solved
          Leigh

Comment

• duncanmccloud
            • Dec 2004

Thank You

For the info. It was most helpful. I'm using B&W dm630i speakers for the front and I think I set the speaker tone too high for the size of the room. I reduced the front speakers and center to 6 and I set the surrounds to max. It sounds better to my ear.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"