X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • belowground
    • Sep 2011

RSX-1055 not powering all the way up

I was watching TV when I heard a pop through the speakers and I lost audio and video. I went to the equipment and noticed the RSX-1055 receiver was off. I tried to power it back on but it did not come all the way on. The red power light comes on, but that is it. The display does not come on. I checked the fuses inside the unit and they appear ok. They both meter out around 1 to 3 ohms. The only reset procedure I could find is to select FACTORY DEFAULT in the setup menu. I can't get to the setup menu because the unit will not power up. Is there a hard reset that can be done on power up? Any other ideas on what may have gone bad?

Thanks,
    Mark
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Hate to tell you buddy, but your digital section of the receiver is toast. Happened to me with my 1065!. Try getting the unit into 2 ch bypass mode (ie. no digital processing) and it will likely work in that format. Is it under warranty?. Being a 1055, probably not. This is the deal...... you can bring it back to the store where you bought it from and they will send it back to Rotel for repair.It will take 1 month approx. They will put in a new digital processor and do some firmware updates as well. It will likely cost you about 300-400 bucks to fix it. However.......and this is a BIG however,,,,,,,,,,,, there is a good possibility it will fail again. Mine did!. It's because they change stuff inside and do a diagnostic check on the unit, but they do not operate it under load. Mine was under warranty and I went back to the store screaming because I waited a month for the repair and it failed again after 1 day of listening. I screamed and they gave me another upgraded unit. That unit (1067) has worked fine since. Your's popped once and failed but mine popped many times before it ultimately failed. The pop would scare the hell outta' me!!. I would turn off the unit for a bit, turn it on and it would work fine for a time and then POP again and turn off. Your issue is almost certainly the same. Sorry dude!.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"