X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iningo_Montoya
    • Jul 2003

1095 amp questions

I am looking at picking up a 1095 on audiogon. Right now I have an offer from a dealer in Hong Kong for a nice price but it is the 220-240v version. Since I am in the US, will this work OK or do I need to have one of the US versions? Sorry if this is a newbie question!
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

I'm not an electrical engineer, but there are converters to change the current from 110 volts to 240 volts and vice-versa. However, I'm not sure if this would impact the performance of a high current unit such as the 1095 or not. I'd guess it probably wouldn't, but this is only a guess.

We need the advice of a more knowing person here. Anyone had experience using voltage converters?

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• ht_addict
      • Dec 2002

Pretty sure an authourized Rotel dealer could point you in the right direction to get it serviced(converted). Unless the deal is a steal it may cost you more in the end. Price out the conversion before you commit.

ht_addict

Comment

• Scarp
        • Mar 2003

Rotel equipment supports both 230volts/50 Hz and the USA 110v/60Hz, but an authorized dealer has to switch it. They simply make the same equipment for the whole world, but just switch depending on where they are going to sell it.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"