X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ross Smith
    • May 2004

Rotel RA 1062 or 1070 Pre

I presently have a RSP 1066 and RB 985 and I'm quiet happy with the combination for home thearter but for straight stereo listening I have been thinking of getting either a new 1070 Pre-Amp or a 1062 Intergated. Both can be intergrated easy into my system. I was wondering wether by adding either one of these components would it make any marked improvement to my stereo sound when listening to my CD's, or would I have to spend more and get something like a Music Fidelity intergated (XA 150 !).
    Has anyone out there gone down this path
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Ross,

Take your RSP-1066 into the dealer and try... Your ears will tell you straight away...

However I would suggest that the RC-1070 would be better IF you run the preouts from the RSP-1066 into it on one channel and the CD player etc into the RC-1070 on anohter with the RC-1070 then driving your amp for the left and right speakers etc. There are several threads if you search on how to do this.

Geoff

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

I recently added the RC-1070 to my RSX-1055/ RMB-1075 for 2 channel duty and the difference was astounding. It had brought back what my old RSP-980 had given me. My 1070 had taken about 2 weeks to loosen up and realy start to blosom, but the soundstage difference was instant.

Comment

• Ross Smith
        • May 2004

Thanks for your comments guys; I have an old RSP 980 that I replaced with the 1066, can't seem to sell it but to me it was much better when listening to anologue sources like CD and Tuner.For a trial I might connect it up with imputs from my CD,Tuner and front channels of the 1066.
        In Tasmania with only two dedicated Hi Fi its hard to get to listen to any new gear let alone try your own gear on something else.
        The RC 1070 is about $A740 the only thing is that I didn't think spending that sought of cash would bring much improvement in sound but I can't afford $1900 for the RC 1090. One thing I do know is that the Pre-Amp section of your gear determines the quality of your sound probably more than anything else. Thanks guys

Comment

• hired goon
          • Aug 2004

G'day Ross,

Originally posted by Ross Smith
          The RC 1070 is about $A740 the only thing is that I didn't think spending that sought of cash would bring much improvement in sound but I can't afford $1900 for the RC 1090. One thing I do know is that the Pre-Amp section of your gear determines the quality of your sound probably more than anything else.
          I emailed Rotel tech support and asked if adding the RC-1070 would yield better sound quality in stereo than the bypass mode of my 1068. Their reply was that both are about equal for two-channel use.

So see if you can demo a RSP-1068 running in bypass mode vs the RC-1070. I suspect that selling the 1066 and picking up a 1068 may be the better option than adding the RC-1070.

--Geoff
          Last edited by hired goon; 22 November 2004, 07:19 Monday. Reason: s/RA-1070/RC-1070/g

Comment

• Ross Smith
            • May 2004

HI Geoff,
            good to hear from you again, this whole Hi Fi business is getting too hard, everytime I come up with a new idea on improving my sound there seems to be always a negative.I might just go back using my old RSP 980 Prologic processor and use the onboard decoders from my Pioneer DVD player for D/D and DTS. The RSP 980 was always better in stereo plus it has an anologue subwoofer bypass that can be set at 80hz, I can't sell it so I might as well have a go at selling the 1066 for $1100 ono. Then maybe with some luck get a 1068.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"