X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pyroponic
    • Apr 2005

Delay settings on RSP-1068

If I have my CD player playing through the external multi-input on my RSP-1068, are the delay settings taken from the preamp or the CD player?
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

if through the multi-channel input there is no processing done to those inputs I believe, they are basically just a bypass with maybe contour control?!

That'd be my guess.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• pyroponic
      • Apr 2005

So should I set the delay settings through the CD player? Actually it's a Denon DVD-2900 so that's why it has delay settings, I don't even know if you even set up the delay on CD players. Reason I ask because if there's no processing (which I assumed) then my delay settings are all set to 1 ft. on the DVD player because I set the distances on the preamp, but now i'm wondering what I should do for multi-input.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

The delay on the 1068 effects everything but the multi-inputs. The delay on your 2900 ONLY effects the multi-outputs. So you do need to set both.

For CD playback it's not important as hopefully your L/R are the same distance from you. When you start getting into DVDA/SACD its crutial.

Kevin D.

Comment

• pyroponic
          • Apr 2005

So does the delay settings for the 2900 are only for the multi-outputs? Funny, I always assumed that they also affected the coaxial too.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

The 2900 has built in decoders for DD/DTS/DVDA/SACD. These decoded outputs go to the multi-outs. The settings in your 2900 effect those outputs (level, delay, etc). The coaxial outputs are straight digital. Either PCM for stereo sources or DD/DTS bitstreams. These digital outputs are sent out 'as they are' on the disc with no modification by the 2900.

Kevin D.

Comment

• pyroponic
              • Apr 2005

Hrm I just want to make sure I have things straight. The manual for the DVD player is at:

So on page 17 shows the settings, i'm guessing DIGITAL OUT is the coaxial output, which the preamp will do all the processing and the DVD player will not be doing any of the porcessing. On page 18 it says under setting the delays "The delay time setting is not valid when playing Super audio CDs." The delay settings are set under the Audio Channel option, so i'm guessing the delays are for the analog outputs only? And if the delay settings aren't for SACDs where am I supposed to set this up? It seems like according to the manual the DVD player's delay settings won't affect anything i'm currently using (I do listen to SACDs).

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

I would have thought the delays would have worked for SACD, but I guess not. They will only effect DVDA discs and decoded DD/DTS signals (which you should use the 1068 to decode via coaxial).

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"