X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hemifever
    • Oct 2004

Rotel wins

I just hooked up my new 1067 receiver, 1055 cd player, and 1060 dvd player with my new Mitsubishi 52" DLP. I previously had a Marantz 7000 reciever and Pioneer elite dvd player. My THX speakers are M&K S150 fronts, SS500 dipole rears, and MX-350 sub. I haven't played the cd yet but playing DVD's really sound nicer than my marantz. It's fuller, and it's like I hear each individual sound clearer and crisper. I hear more response from the sub as well. This was a nice improvement!
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hemifever,

Congratulations... I'm gald you are enjoying the sonic improvements!

Geoff

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Glad you like it.

Comment

• Sithlord
        • Aug 2004

Rotel

Hemifever going Rotel for me was an eye opener and started a long and expensive journey for my HT. I previously owned the Denon AVCA-1SE amp and sold that for the Rotel 1098 and 1095 and boy was that a huge change. I too own M&K speakers (S-5000 THX system) and they go very well with Rotel gear. Those M&K 150 are awesome sounding speakers and I nearly bought them but decided to go the S-5000. Glad you like the Rotel gear as it will bring you much pleasure and enjoyment. :T

Comment

• hemifever
          • Oct 2004

I seriously thought my Marantz and Pioneer elite equipment was nice. Not to crack on it, it IS nice stuff. The only good thing out of my lightening strike and fire was the replacement stuff that we got. Having extra money I was fortunate enough to go all out with the Rotel equipment. Man....I'd have never thought the sound would be so good in my room. The small details in movies are now more apparent. I see the action and really hear the small sounds tied to it. It's more realistic, like it's happening right here in the house.

Comment

• HTguy
            • Sep 2004

I had the same Marantz SR7000 and replaced it with Rotel 1068+1070 pair. The sound is much better. Of course, the $2600 has to be better than $500 equipment. Kind of an unfair comparison, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"