X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kemosabe
    • Nov 2005

Rotel + M&K S150/SS150/MX350 speakers?

It's been suggested that I partner the RSP1068/RMB1095 combo with M&K S150/SS150/MX350 speaker combo. Does anybody have any comments about this suggestion?

For a 7.1 setup do I need another amp given the 1095 is only 5 channel?

I'm keen on the speakers, and understand the rotel gear is pretty good from an audio perspective, but how does the rotel gear go from a visual perspective? Is it a problem with not having HDMI input/outputs? Or should I be taking a closer look at the higher end Denon AVR's??

Thanks for any help
  • mattburk
    • Feb 2003

My rotel and M&K set up was the best set up I have had in my system. I have the s150's & mx-350 now in my system, but not the rotel. I am going to upgrade back to rotel with their next generation product. I am not a denon guy so I can just say get the rotel over denon any day.
    www.mycstone.com
    www.coverednow.com
    www.biarenton.com

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

I'm using Rotel with M&K 850's which are voiced very similar to the 150's. Great combination.

As for the video end - what are your requirements? Do you need/want video switching? Many people go source direct avoiding running a video signal through a pre/pro. HDMI is still in it's early stages. While it offers some potential advantages especially in future versions, it can still be somewhat quircky. Whether or not you will reap a benefit depends on your display and source.

I for one, do not yet consider HDMI a "must have". I would prefer to focus on the synergy of speaker/amp combo. Rotel amps should work well with the M&K's as they are very accurate, articulate, crisp and dynamic with great imaqging. However some folks using them with bright SS amps do complain they are forward and or bright. They should match well with the 1095 and properly setup should not exhibit any of these tendencies.

Be sure to cross them over at 80 hz. For movies, this is easy with onboard bass management. For analog sources (CD player RCA out) you will need to use something like a BMC-mini or Outlaw ICBM.
      Last edited by gianni; 12 November 2005, 21:11 Saturday.

Comment

• Mark1Ace1
        • Jun 2005

Great set up...I have the same setup but with two 350's at the Front and two MX125's at the back....Sounds incredible...

On the video side...I personally prefer to go direct to the source ie: from DVD to display and never use the 1098 for video...

Mark

Comment

• kemosabe
          • Nov 2005

Thanks for your responses.

I have a 50 inch Pioneer plasma currently, although would love to get a decent projector once I can convince the home financial controller that you can actually have a big TV and a bigger Tv coexisting! As well as a DVD player, I'll have a digital STB/hard disc recorder, digital Cable TV, a VCR and an mpeg4 player.

I think there's only the one hdmi input on the TV, so presumably it would be reasonable to pass all the lower quality signals through the 1068's component out and have the DVD and hi def STB going direct to the display?

Comment

• Mark1Ace1
            • Jun 2005

FWIW that is probably your best bet - Enjoy!!!

Mark

R.I.P Eddie Guerrero - We lie, We Cheat, We steal!!

Comment

• mattburk
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Mark1Ace1
              FWIW that is probably your best bet - Enjoy!!!

Mark

R.I.P Eddie Guerrero - We lie, We Cheat, We steal!!
              Hey Mark. I sent you a pm.
              www.mycstone.com
              www.coverednow.com
              www.biarenton.com

Comment

• Jonesthegas
                • Jun 2004

I have that speaker package except I have a velodyne sub. I have a 1068 processor 1095 and 1080 power amps (5 and 2 channel for 7.1).

The sound is very full natural and detailed. There is no harshness or strain. A good combination for sure.

Martin

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"