X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Hayes
    • Mar 2003

New System - 1066/1075

Well patience isn't one of my virtues. I purchased a 1066 to go with the 1075 I bought the week before and am still getting everything setup. It's kind of overwhelming at this point - way more options and features than my Yamaha RXV1200 to choose from.

My new system is:

1066 pre/pro
    1075 amp
    N805s fronts
    HTM2 center
    601s surrounds
    Toshiba SD5700 DVD
    Panasonic 32" HDTV monitor (can never remember the model #)
    Dish PVR508

The only problem so far is figuring out how to get the video from my DVD player to the display on the TV screen. I have audio but cannot figure out the video. I am using component 2 input and the component output from the 1066 to the TV. Not sure why I cannot find the video.
  • scottnv
    • Jun 2003

I believe the 1066 is configured for video 1 for the DVD, you might want to try switching it around - I know the video 1 on the RR-1050 remote is preset to DVD.

BTW - I did'nt have a lot of patience, I had other systems, sold them on Ebay and worked my way up to the Rotel stuff. My wife thinks that I am crazy!

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

I suggest you take a deep breath and spend some time reading the manual first. Most things are quite nicely explained there.

Comment

• wng
        • Dec 2002

Hmm, you should get a display via the 1066's Video 2 input, since you connected through component video 2. Are you in the right video input mode on the TV? Double-check your TV's own settings. Also, the 1066's OSD won't work through component signals. You'll still need an S-Video or composite video monitor-out connection.

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

Not familiar with your TV, but the most obvious thing would be to check your settings on the DVD player and to make sure your have selected the right video mode on your TV. On some TV's such as mine you also have to assign sources to the connection. For instance, my TV, a Mitsubishi has two component "ins". If I'm using component #2, let's say, for a feed in from a particular source, be it receiver, antenna, DVD player, whatever, I have to use what Mitsubishi terms a device manager and program into the TV that, when that device is selected, it show use the component 2 as its source. I'm not sure as to whether your Sony must be similarly programmed.

Keith
          Keith

Comment

• Mike Hayes
            • Mar 2003

It turned out to be a problem with the connections to the TV - all is well now. I am very pleased with how the 1066/1075 sounds out of the box. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a break in period for new Rotel pre/pros & amps but I watched a couple of DVDs last night and could not be happier.

Scarp, I did scan the manual before installation but you are absolutely right, I need to read it more thoroughly. Now that I'm over the initial glee, I can give it a more thorough read.

Comment

• Scarp
              • Mar 2003

Even though for some people it is "not done" to read the manual, I recommend reading manuals for this type of equipment. The quality of Rotels manuals is reasonably high and usually it also contains quite a few tips on other things.

On a side note: For the dutch people, read the dutch part of the manual, its very funny translated.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"