X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RWright
    • Jan 2003

Pulling the trigger on 1066/1075

I've decided to purchase the 1066/1075 tomorrow after months of research, procrastination, and general hand wringing. Between posts here and the HTF, I'm convinced it's the right move for me. I'm getting them both in silver and trying my best to get the 200 MHZ component video switch (although, now I use the one on the RPTV).

Anything else I should make sure of before I put an order in?

I have looked at tons of other receivers and pre/pros and think this is the best for me. I'm driving B&W CDM 7NTs, CNT, and SNTs which I love. Been driving them with an old Yamaha receiver(793?). Hoping to see some improvement!

All the info on these boards has been terrific. (I followed Pratt here from HTF. I was impressed by his knowledge and even keel towards everything.)

Any help would be appreciated. I'll let you know what I think once it comes in!

Joe
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

You before Rotel silver:
    You after: :hb

I'm not as rational on the subject as AP, but I really can't imagine you not being astounded by how good this system sounds and looks. I've heard quite a few Rotel / B&W owners say as much. Although I don't personally own that particular brand of speaker and use a Parasound amp, the combo you suggest should sound really, really nice. I hope you like two channel sound as well, because that's where the Rotel separates itself from the pack in my eyes. A final note concerns the silver color. It's beautiful to begin with, but its visual appeal has continued to grow on me during the three or so months I've had my 1066.

Good luck and try an in home audition, if possible, before you buy.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• wng
      • Dec 2002

Your speakers and the Rotel combo is a marriage made in heaven. A lot of people have that setup. :yesnod: :T

Comment

• sndtowne
        • Jan 2003

>

Joe, I am currently using B&W CDM 9NTs, CNT, and SNTs. I had a Yamaha RXV-2200 and upgraded to Rotel. You will hear a huge difference. Congratulations !! :LOL:

Bruce
        Bruce

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

I'm driving B&W
          Hey, I drive a BMW too! A 328i, lol. JK, you meant the speakers, huh?

Congrats on the new system to be RWright, and welcome to HTG!

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• RWright
            • Jan 2003

Thanks everyone for your encougagement!!!

If I had any aprehension before, reading your replies have wiped them clean!!!

I'm sending my wife off this morning to a nearby city to "seal the deal". I've had to do all my research in cities where I travel since I have found no 1066 or 1075 in a 50 mile radius! You guys who have dealers nearby that have good stock and friendly service are very lucky! We have shops like that, but they don't carry Rotel.

Thanks again!!!

Joe

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

You've made a wise decision so relax and prepare for the sonic adventure you're about to embark on

Comment

• sndtowne
                • Jan 2003

Hey Joe,

I don't know if you are aware of this, but this January (2003) at the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics show, Stereophile Guide to Home Theater magazine picked the RSP-1066 for a "Gold Editor's Choice" award in the surround processor category. Last year they picked the RMB-1075 for the amplifier award.

The Inside Track (dealer newsletter) just published the results of their 2003 survey of audio/video dealers and Rotel and Anthem tied for first place in electronic companies.

I would say you have made an excellent decision.

Bruce
                Bruce

Comment

• RWright
                  • Jan 2003

Bruce,
                  Thanks for the info. No, I wasn't aware of that. I got most my information from these forums and online reviews off the Rotel outlet. The only one I have heard was in Boston. I have also downloaded the manual.

I purchased the two last night and they go in the mail Monday! Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about it!

BTW, Go Bucs!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"