X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aero993
    • Feb 2003

Zone 2 Up and running!

After asking many questions and much internet surfing. I can now activate zone 2 from my bed (the system is in the basement). I can also adjust the volume. Life is good. For those who are interested, I'm using a RB 991 to power zone 2. My repeater system consists of 2 receivers and 3 volume controls. I'm using the following Xantech components Xantech 791-44 amplified connecting block, Xantech 781RG power supply and Xantech 780-10 receivers. Along with some high power volume controllers.
  • shuang1234
    • Apr 2003

I am also looking at setting up Zone 2 (on my Rotel RSP-1066) and have a few questions to ask you.

I wish to control my RSP-1066 as well as an Arcam CD72T player (also has IR input). The second set of speakers will be in an adjacent room, so will be no more than 10 feet between the Rotel/Arcam and the IR Receiver.

1) Why do you need to use the amplified connecting block (791-44) versus normal connecting block (789-44)? Is it due to distance. In my case will the 789-44 be sufficient?

2) Zone 2 will be in a sunroom. Should I get the CFL Friendly J-Box receiver instead (780-80).

3) All Zantech documentation indicates using IR Emitters to interface to the audio equipment (using something like 283M). It does not mention anything about direct connection to the audio components, i.e. using the Rotel and Arcam IR inputs. I am assuming that you are not using IR Emitters in your system. How did you figure out that direct connect to the Rotel would work? How would I know that direct connect ot the Arcam will also work?

4) I will be using the Rotel remote for Zone 2 (I am using a Home Theater Master remote for my HT). It will be sending signals to the Rotel as well as the Arcam. Can one wall plate receiver be used for both the Rotel and Arcam, or do I need one receiver per component to be controlled.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Comment

• shuang1234
      • Apr 2003

One other question. You mentioned using 2 IR receivers and 3 volume controls. In my case, do I need a volume control, assume that this goes in series with the loudspeaker cable (something like a Niles Audio impedence matched volume control)? Can I just control the volume from the remote? Don't like the idea of an in-series volume control since this might degrade sound quality ever so slightly.

Comment

• Todd S
        • Jan 2003

You may want to look at SpeakerCraft's IR repeaters. They are much better looking IMHO.

Todd
        Todd

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"