X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spectre
    • Sep 2004

Rotel and SACD

Hi all,

I am considering buying an new RCD-1072 for CD Playback.

Later on, I would like to switch to a Rotel DVD player, too (just for the looks of it, because the new players from Denon offer more bang for the buck).

Since at some point in time I would like to have the option of hearing to SACD, too, I am wondering in which unit Rotel will finally integrate SACD playback capability?

Will it be in the form of a multi-dvd-player (for example RDV-1062 or the like) or will it be integrated into an upgraded CD unit?

What is more likely?

At the moment I only own a Yamaha DVD-S540 and for standard DVD playback this is sufficient.
    I recently compared the S540 in CD playback against the RCD-1072 (not a fair comparison, I know) and was quite shocked how much better the dedicated CD-player sounded.

At the moment, I consider buying the 1072 as a long term investment into the CD market.
    All the new formats can then be accessed via a multiplayer (hopefully from Rotel).

Since I really prefer Rotel for the looks and quality, I would like to know:

If SACD is sometime in the future integrated into the product line of Rotel, will it be in the CD player or the DVD?

Regards,

Spectre
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Spectre,

If SACD is sometime in the future integrated into the product line of Rotel, will it be in the CD player or the DVD?
    In a DVD player as part of a new universal DVD player (like the RDV-1062 you mentioned)

Think 2005 for this (rumours vary as to early or later) Rotel has a prototype several months ago and were thinking of a CES 2005 style announcement - but I don't know how this has gone for them...

Enjoy the RCD-1072 in the mean time

Geoff

Comment

• Spectre
      • Sep 2004

Thx,

that was all I needed to know. Now I can buy an 1072 with confidence and enjoy it, like you suggested

Then, later, I can upgrade my Yamaha DVD to a Rotel multiplayer.

Spectre

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"