X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EAmin
    • Aug 2004

Multichannel inputs w/ RSP-1098

I'm looking forward to adding an RDV-1060 DVD player for movies and for DVD-Audio. I would like to get an SACD player at some point when Rotel comes out with one (and I would like to have the option to play SACDs in multichannel as well). Problem is I only have one multi input on my 1098. What options do I have that won't comprimise my sound? I don't want to get a universal player as I already have one, and have been experiencing problems with it.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

EAmin,

There are some 5.1 switchers thast you can use (some will also switch the digital link and video) however they reasonably priced ones degrate the signal quality for audio so I wouldn't recommend them and the good ones can easily ready $500 and up...

Personally I'd buy a Denon 3910 now and be done with it!!! (That's what I've decided to do)

Geoff

Comment

• EAmin
      • Aug 2004

Thanks Geoff! Worst case scenario, I can run a dedicated SACD as a 2-channel player in the 1098. There should be an extra set of inputs available to do this.

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

Zektor makes a really good unit for this. The model number is MAS3. U.S. MSRP is $449 (it isn't cheap).

Geoff brings up an excellent point....with the cost of this unit plus the cost of another SACD player, get the Denon 3910 and be done with it!

Jim
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• EAmin
          • Aug 2004

Thanks for the information on the Zektor. Very interesting.

Also, I appreciate the feedback on the Denon player. Who knows, I might give it a whirl someday. I've just had problems with my Pioneer Elite uni player that's kinda turned me off from these types of units.

At least I have several options. Thanks again!

Comment

• shadow
            • Dec 2003

I dumped my Pioneer a year ago in favor of a Denon 2900 and never have regretted it.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"