X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glenn
    • Jun 2003

Rotel popping conclusion

I have been steadily reading and trying to follow all the various messages regarding the popping sound with various Rotel products.

Can anyone comment if this problem has been successfully corrected yet, or is the solution still in progress?

Also, just to clarify, does this popping sound only occur when switching between inputs, or does it also occur, for example, when watching a movie on DVD and suddenly in the middle of the movie a popping sound will occur?

Thanks for any input.
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Hi Glenn,

No, the problem has not been resolved, nor is there an across-the-board consistency as to when it occurs. Some report the popping intermittently no matter what they're doing. Others report that the problem only when say switching between functions.

It appears to be sporadic and not affecting the performance of most units. I don't think it can be traced by things such as serial number or firmware edition, but am not sure in this regard.

Personally, I wouldn't let it stop me from getting a Rotel. I'd just make sure there was a good return policy if I had a problem.

You probably already read this, but here's the most recent discusion on the matter.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• Glenn
      • Jun 2003

Danbry39

Thanks for the update. I shall watch the other thread for continued progress with the solution to the Rotel popping issue.

Comment

• gshisme
        • May 2003

Originally posted by Danbry39
        Personally, I wouldn't let it stop me from getting a Rotel.
        Agreed. My first unit had the problem..exchanged it for a new one and everything is just fine and dandy now. Rotel sound for the money..can't be beat. I have the 1075/1066 seperates and couldn't be happier. Drive em hard..they love it!

suds, suds, and more suds
        suds, suds, and more suds

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"