Subwoofer popping with receiver conneted to PS3?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tf1216
    • Apr 2006

Subwoofer popping with receiver conneted to PS3?

When I use the receiver subwoofer preouts to my amp I can awful popping each time the PS3 to the receiver loses HDMI signal. For example, as the BD starts playing through the federal law information and the production studio images the popping will occur each time a new image appears. I would say there will be about 4 or 5 different images that cause the HDMI to get dropped and picked back up. The popping is ridiculous and I can't figure out the problem.

I do not have the output maxed on the receiver and the volume is not set high. The crossover is set at 60 Hz. The receiver is a Yamaha V661.

Any ideas what the issue is?
    Last edited by tf1216; 15 July 2008, 09:53 Tuesday.
  • tf1216
    • Apr 2006

I found this:

Is no one else experiencing the same problem?

Comment

• stidrvr
      • Sep 2005

not exactly the same issue but my sub pops everything I pause a dvd, or the player goes to a new chapter. I pretty sure that it is something in my receiver, as could be with yours too. Try using a optical cable for sound if the popping goes away then you can rule out the Yammy and PS3, then this would probally be a HDMI issue.

(by ruling out the Receiver I mean being able to rule out the pre out for the sub.)

Comment

• robert L
        • Jul 2008

do u still get popping with the sub volume turned all the way down, i have ps3 too,motorstorm or bust

Comment

• tf1216
          • Apr 2006

I missed these replies, darn it. I am sorry.

My receiver only has analog outputs for the subwoofer. I am powering the subwoofers with a DIY amplifier.

I tried muting the receiver to see if the popping still occurred but I forget if that solved the problem. I don't think it does. I will hook up the subwoofers again tonight and try again.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"