X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sleeper_red
    • Sep 2004

I need help

I just hooked up my SVS 20-39pci to a brand new Rotel RSX-1056 and the subwoofer worked for about an hour. I turned the receiver off for about 15 minutes and when I turned it back on, there's no sound coming from the subwoofer. I also hear this popping noise no matter what button I push on the DVD player remote. Like when I search for a scene, I hear this pop coming from the sub. What do you guys think?
  • NHT
    • Mar 2004

This same thing has happened to me a few months ago. Come to find out, I had the gain on my sub too high and it ended up damaging the driver. I dont mean to scare you but thats the reality of it.

Did you have the sub up too high? Before the sub totally went out, did it bottom out? Thats what happened to mine. It was not calibrated and I ran it too hot so it just killed the driver. If thats the case then you should call SVS and they will send you a new driver in return for your old one. Good luck

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

You need to narrow down whether it's the Rotel sub out or the SVS sub in..

First make sure the gain on the sub is all the way down. Connect the sub cable to the output of your DVD/CD player. Play something and slowly turn up the gain on the sub. If the sub kicks on and you can hear what's on the disc, the Rotel is damaged. If you still can't hear anything, the sub is damaged.

Kevin D.

Comment

• sleeper_red
        • Sep 2004

Hi guys,
        Found out last night that there's nothing wrong with either one. I just had to do the speaker setup. I haven't really had a chance to read the manual that much because we just moved in to our new house. Next thing to do is try to figure out how to save the setting so I don't have to keep setting it up everytime I turn the Rotel on. Just haven't had a chance to look at that part yet.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

even though the PCi20-39 is one of their lower end subs, I have it also. I find it fairly difficult to get it to bottom out. I have the receiver sub channel level set to -5 and half the gain on the sub about a little bit over half way up. If I'm doing this wrong, somebody please tell me what's the correct way to set it up.

Comment

• DrJRapp
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BlazeMaster
            I have the receiver sub channel level set to -5 and half the gain on the sub about a little bit over half way up. If I'm doing this wrong, somebody please tell me what's the correct way to set it up.
            Nothing particularly wrong about your setup, however, if it were me I would have the sub set flat (0) in your receiver and set up the sub with the volume control a bit lower.
            Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"