X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bern
    • May 2003

Hissing sound how to solve?

Hi All RSP1066 and RMB1075 user.

Recently I'm having this hissing sound from my main speaker.
    I had disconnected all other components from my RSP1066 accept my RMB1075, but the hissing sound still there. What else should I look at? Please advice. Do I need a Power conditional or to change the powercord?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Hope that you guy's will understand my poorly english ops:

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Bernard
  • Mike Hayes
    • Mar 2003

I would take the amp back to the dealer and see if it does the same thing on a set of speakers in the dealer's showroom. If it is within the return period, you may want to just exchange the amp. You should not hear a hiss from only 1 speaker in IMO and it sounds like you have done a good job of eliminating other possibilities.

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

This might be normal bleed through ... Try playing a cd which has a silent moment in there. If during that silent moment you still hear a hiss, then there is something else wrong.

It could also be a ground loop ...

Comment

• Bern
        • May 2003

Hi Mike and Scarp,

I had this processor for 2 month already so I don't think the dealer will exchange a new set for me.

I had connected a dvd (Video 1), ld (Video 2) and a vcr (Video 3) to my processor. (Video 4 & 5 not using at the moment)

without all this connection will hear slight hiss from my main speakers.
        with dvd player connected only will hear the hissing sound but gone once the dvd player are switch on. for the LD & VCR on or off still have the hissing sound. Video 4 & 5 without connection also got hissing sound.
        First time facing this problem.

Comment

• Scarp
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bern
          Hi Mike and Scarp,

I had this processor for 2 month already so I don't think the dealer will exchange a new set for me.

I had connected a dvd (Video 1), ld (Video 2) and a vcr (Video 3) to my processor. (Video 4 & 5 not using at the moment)

without all this connection will hear slight hiss from my main speakers.
          with dvd player connected only will hear the hissing sound but gone once the dvd player are switch on. for the LD & VCR on or off still have the hissing sound. Video 4 & 5 without connection also got hissing sound.
          First time facing this problem.
          So, when the RSP1066 is switched to the DVD channel and you turn it on, then the hissing is gone? Try this with the other inputs. I think what you have is bleed through from the other inputs even when there is nothing connected. As long as you do not hear any hissing when playing a source, then your fine. My unit has this as well and I think all have that.

Comment

• Bern
            • May 2003

Yes when I switch on the DVD player the hissing sound will be gone. But for the LD & VCR the hissing sound will still at there either on or off. Will this a ground problem?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

It could be a gound problem but those are usually related to tv coax cable feeds either from satallites or regular cable. There's a chance it could be a power gound issue as well if the pre amp and power amp aren't both plugged into the same outlet but as the others mentioned above it sounds more like a bleed though issue. does this only occur on the front speakers or all speakers? Have you tried disconnecting everything from the power amp incuding the pre amp? If the noise is still present its a problem with the amp...if its not there plug in one item at a time to the power amp and see when the noise returns.

Comment

• Bern
                • May 2003

For the tv side I only connect the Video cable only from processor monitor out. There's no ground cable for my pre and power amp. the cable are come with the set and only have 2 pin on it, no ground.
                And for all the components, pre & power are connected to the same extension wire with built in EMI filter. The extension wire are those for computer use.
                Yes the hissing sound only can be heard from the main speakers. but funny thing is that when I switch on the DVD player connected to Video 1, the sound will be totally gone. I only connect digital coaxial and a composite video cable to the pre. If I remove this 2 connection from video 1 the hissing sound will be there. plug back and turn on dvd player hissing sound gone. I did not disconnect the 5 audio cable from my power and pre amp, only remove the other components connection from the pre.

Monday will be my rest day and will take out every thing and see how again, Thanks.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"