X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Waaijop
    • Jun 2004

phono amp

Is there anyone who can tell me the difference in quality between the phono amp in the ra 02 and the ra 1062. Or isn"t there any. I've read a lot of reviews but none gave me insight in this specific subject.
    Thanx, Waaijop.
  • greve
    • Oct 2004

I'm sorry, but I can't answer your question. I just wanted to add that you are generally better off spending 2-300€ on an external phono amp. Look for example for a Musical Fidelity X-LPS (v2) and add a matching X-PSU for even better quality. Unbeatble at the current second hand prices (which unfortunately are pretty close to the new prices when these components were on sale last year).

Comment

• Waaijop
      • Jun 2004

phono amp

I understand that I'm better off with a dedicated phono amp. The problem is when I hook up all my gear I've no line input left for the phono amp... so any insight in the quality of the phono amp is very welcome...
      Waaijop

Comment

• eelco74
        • Dec 2002

Hi fellow dutchman

I owned had the 972 pre-amp. It had a onboard phono amp. Alhough it was resonably good, it was not match to my Pro-ject phonobox.

However I doubt there will be a hughe difference betwee the phono section of the 1062 and RA02. Perhaps you should ask your dealer, of try to contact B&W Holland. They are located in Rotterdam. Ask for Ronald, he probably knows. But first try a good dealers like Remo (Voorburg) or RAF (Amsterdam). They can contact B&W for you.
        Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
        Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
        Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"