X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rantzmar
    • May 2009

phono inputs on RC 1090

Are there any here who use an external phono amp with there preamp or do you use your phono inputs on the preamp? How good is the phono stage on the RC 1090 or is it better to get a external phono amp?
    Two Channel Room

Vincent SA-T1/Telefunken/Golden Lion tubes~Rotel RB 1080~ Musical Fidelity XRAYv8/XXXpsu~MMF-.7.1~2M Black-Grado Phono 1 Analysis Plus Phono Cable~Canton 830.2~ Analysis Plus interconnects and speaker wire.
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

I had used the MM phono stage on a RC-1090 and RC-1082 and found that my Graham Slee Era Gold V produced better sound. They onboard stages were OK, but not the best.

Comment

• rantzmar
      • May 2009

Originally posted by miner
      I had used the MM phono stage on a RC-1090 and RC-1082 and found that my Graham Slee Era Gold V produced better sound. They onboard stages were OK, but not the best.
      Thanks...I have been wondering if the on board MM was good are great.

rantzmar
      Two Channel Room

Vincent SA-T1/Telefunken/Golden Lion tubes~Rotel RB 1080~ Musical Fidelity XRAYv8/XXXpsu~MMF-.7.1~2M Black-Grado Phono 1 Analysis Plus Phono Cable~Canton 830.2~ Analysis Plus interconnects and speaker wire.

Comment

• BWzes03
        • Oct 2005

I'm using the on-board pre-amp (got the RC-1090 as well)....
        I find its pretty good, though I'm not using anything high-end on it, a simple Sumiko Pearl MM cartridge (like Ortofon 2M red, or Grado Gold prestige).
        I suspect its on a par with the likes of NAD PP-2 , Azur 640P etc.

Comment

• rantzmar
          • May 2009

Originally posted by BWzes03
          I'm using the on-board pre-amp (got the RC-1090 as well)....
          I find its pretty good, though I'm not using anything high-end on it, a simple Sumiko Pearl MM cartridge (like Ortofon 2M red, or Grado Gold prestige).
          I suspect its on a par with the likes of NAD PP-2 , Azur 640P etc.
          Yeah...it is pretty good. But am interested in a tube phono amp. I too have the Red and think its a good cart and good improvement over the OMB-10
          Two Channel Room

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"