Interested in a 1056 but only 2 optical inputs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TTA89
    • Oct 2004

Interested in a 1056 but only 2 optical inputs?

I was just looking at a picture of the back panel and I didn't even think to look at this. I am currently using 4 but could switch a few over to coax but its more of a pain to try and hide.

Currenty these are connected over optical cables.

Cable box
    Xbox
    CD/DVD
    Sirius Reciever

I think the cablebox and dvd will do coax but I'm looking to add a Play Station 3 and an HD Tivo in the future and if these don't support coax I'm screwed.

Was this an issue with anyone else?

Also I was going to take a ride to a Rotel Dealer today, since I seem to buy when I go to "Look" what would be a good price for this? I hate buying from B&M stores always feeling like I could have gotten a better deal somewhere else.

Thanks
    -Mike

My Home Theater Gear
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's a light issue for me in some installs. I believe Rotel finds the coaxial to be a better medium for digital transmission. I won't get into the debate of which one actually is (if one even is better)..

I'm a little confused as to how a coax connection would be more difficult to hide. Both are one cable, though coax is a little thicker. But in any case, switch as many over to coax and them if you run out, get some optical to coaxial converters or external DACs..

Converters ars $17:

Good luck!

Kevin D.

PS, does your screen name 'TTA89' happen to refer to a pace car?

Comment

• TTA89
      • Oct 2004

I didn't realize I could convert it to coax, that would work. The optical cables are smaller and are more like wires which are easy to rout around and hide and tie up. The coax cables I have are stiff and not very easy to run through the back of my rack but whatever I'll deal

Yes TTA89 refers to my 89 Turbo T/A. Very good, not many people pick that up. :T :twisted: I am just a car guy trying to learn HT stuff ops:
      -Mike

My Home Theater Gear

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Sounds like you need better optical cables I've seen some that are thicker than coax! Crazy stuff..

I'm an F-body lover.. My first real car was a 92 V6 bird that I learned everything about cars on. Then I had a 25th Anniversary TA vert for about 4 years. I missed my third-gen and got tired of not modifying a car, so I'm back to a 92 TA vert that just got a T56 and has a 4th gen interior waiting to go in.

Cars are like home theaters, you just can't help but to keep changing things around.

Kevin D.

Comment

• TTA89
          • Oct 2004

Heh yea my car addiction is alot worse than HT. I have had the 89 TTA since 01 and its been the most fun car I have ever driven and I have driven just about everything. Last time I took it to the track it went 11.25@121 on drag radials. Never even had the intake off the car. :twisted: :twisted:

Also have an 87 Buick Limited Turbo T (Think Grand National) and an 03 SVT Lightning as a Daily driver, Auto X weekend Warror and Tow Vehicle if need be.

I sold a 98 LS1 Trans-Am 6-speed about a year ago. F-bodys were fun but the 89 TTA is really fun.

Hi My name is Mike and I am addicted to expensive hobbies.

Back on topic

I'll check out some new cables.. Still trying to decide on a new reciever. Decisions Decisions :lol: :lol:
          -Mike

My Home Theater Gear

Comment

• VGuarino
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by TTA89
            Still trying to decide on a new reciever. Decisions Decisions :lol: :lol:

RSX-1056, no brainer :B

Comment

• TTA89
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by VGuarino
              RSX-1056, no brainer :B
              Do you have Rotel Gear? I see your near me, where did you purchase yours from? I only see 1 dealer in my area. Ensamble in Salem and Nashua.

Was gonna call the Salem Store tomorrow and see if I can go down there after work to take a look.
              -Mike

My Home Theater Gear

Comment

• VGuarino
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by TTA89
                Do you have Rotel Gear? I see your near me, where did you purchase yours from? I only see 1 dealer in my area. Ensamble in Salem and Nashua.

Was gonna call the Salem Store tomorrow and see if I can go down there after work to take a look.
                Hi Mike,

Yes, I have the 1056, as well as 2 Paradigm Studio 60's, Paradigm PS 1000 sub, two Paradigm MiniMonitors as surrounds. I live in Hudson NH. Work in Southborough Mass. Found two local dealers in this area also.

Vin

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"