X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metallo
    • Sep 2004

Strange problem with RSP-1068

I tought i would try to post here before i contact the Rotel support.
    My gerar is 1068/1075/1050

My problem is that 1068 looses the digital signal a sec, it happens randomized... sometimes it happens every second minute and sometimes i can watch a 2h movie with no problem.

the 48k disapears in the 1068 display and that results in no sound, but then it comes back after 1 sec again (both 48k and the sound). It doesnt mathers if i use optical or coaxial connection and it doesnt mather if listen to 2 ch stereo or multi channel.

i have tried both dvd-movie och listen du ordinary CD (both original and backup), same problem.

but the problem isnt there if i use an analogue connection.

this problem wasnt there when i bought the gear.

i noticed one thing last night, i had a friend visiting me and we listenend to some music, then when she went to the bathroom and switched on the light (i have a light tube, that blinks a couple of times before it has full light) the klicking started with the reciever... i asked her to turn of and on the light again, the loosing of digital signal started again on the 1068... but when i do the same thing today nothing happens...

any ideas???
    /Daniel
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Last nights issue sounds like a grounding issue, flourescent lights step the voltage up quite a bit to fire, and could "spike" the line. Are you running a your'e goodies through any type of filtering?

Comment

• metallo
      • Sep 2004

i dont have any type of filtering...

is digital more sensitive then analogue?

Comment

• metallo
        • Sep 2004

Another strange thing i have noticed is when i shut off my dvd, the pre-pro changes sound option.

for example. i have been listening to 2ch stereo via digital coax, and when i shut the dvd off, the pre-pro changes to 5ch stereo?? it always does this...

have anyone noticed a similar "thing"?

never had this much problem with the onkyo... :M

Comment

• soundhound
          • Mar 2004

I use an RSX-1055 which I would bet is similar in the way it handles the different sound formats. When I change sources, dvd,cd, satelite, these run different surround fromats and the processor picks up on this and then switches to the proper setting. It goes to a default so I may have to change it to something I desire, but no problem. The processor in the 1068 is capable of even more sound fields than that of my 1055 so it choosing one would not surprise or alarm me. Someone with that model that is used to it's interface could probably give you yae's and nae's about it. As far as digital vs analog and noise, both are susceptable to it depending on application.

Comment

• metallo
            • Sep 2004

soundhound,

i know howto set deafult listening mode for each input and things like that, its just when i turn off RDV1050, the 1068 changes listening mode... i have coax 1 to video 2 and have set default listening mode to 2ch stereo... but as i said before, it changes to 5ch stereo when i turn off the dvdplayer, if i have listening mode to "music1", it changes mode to "music2"... (it doesnt change default listening mode)

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"