X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bangwhistle
    • Aug 2004

"Please Wait"

New B&K owner, new to forum. Got my AVR507 two months ago. This morning just sent it off for service. Would display only "Please Wait" while powering up and then just hung. Unplugging overnight didn't help. $45 for shipping and being without it for who knows how many weeks bugs. Aside from kvetching, I had a question- is this a rare symptom, or well known? Any other surprises waiting for me?
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

That's a real bummer. Did you try just taking it back to the dealer for service? That's what I'd have done if possible, and it was still under warranty.

I can't comment on the likelihood of it happening again or something else.

Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chip
      • Aug 2001

Hey Doug :T

Although i've heard of some dealers working on B&K stuff, i know a lot don't. I got all my B&K stuff from Tweeter. Tweeter sends everything to B&K for service.

Yeah, i'm still around and doing well Hope everythings good with you.
      Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• Bangwhistle
        • Aug 2004

Repair

Thanks for the reply. Dealer (Magnolia Audio/Video) sez send it back to B&K. Guess I had high expectations. If you spend $299 you expect defects. If you spent 10 times that, you don't! Unrealistic I know!

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

even if you have to pay shipping, the dealer should send it back, and further, they should get a better ship rate than you do.

Chip, dude, good to see you here! Get to some of the other sections too! Glad your doing ok too and thanks, yes, doing ok here.

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Bangwhistle
            • Aug 2004

Resolution

Unit was returned, reported "fixed problem." Dunno what they did, but did notice the firmware was upgraded. So far so good!

Comment

• B&K_Guy
              • Oct 2004

possible fix for this issue

Even though you got this back there might be others out there looking for some info on this...

Try this first:
              unplug unit from any surge protectors, plug directly into wall outlet, turn on unit and do a hard reset....(first, middle, and last button on the front of the unit) then cross your fingers and hope the unit didnt get starved of the current it needed during boot up. The please wait is a system failsafe.
              If nothing, try this:
              ..try turning the unit on and off about 5-10 times using the power button (repeatedly in a quick motion) this *sometimes* works, but the first option is the preferred one.

Thanks. :T
              B&K_Guy

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"