X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emdeevee
    • Dec 2004

B&K AVR507 - IEEE 1394 Firewire Input for DVD-A/SACD

It took awhile, but I finally found this forum! I just bought a B&K AVR507 (the prior model, not the Series 2). I've not yet hooked it up as I'm waiting for my den remodel to be complete. In anticipation of what DVD player to buy, I'm wondering if DVD-A/SACD signals can be fed throught the IEEE 1394 plug on the AVR (and does something need to be done to get this input working?). I'm currently going back and forth between the Denon 2910 and 3910, the latter having a firewire output. Have any B&K owners here used this input?

Also, are there any other major differences between the first 507 and the Series 2 other than the video upconversion?

Thanks, and G_d am I glad I found this!

Mark
  • B&K_Guy
    • Oct 2004

The firewire link is not functional in any of the B&K models, the input will one day be available, once the standards for IEEE 1394 are set.
    The Series two has transcoding, not upconversion, it does not increase the quality of the picture, it just converts it to a component out.
    The series two also has three notch filters (whereas the Series one had only one), Dolby Pro Logic IIx, and an assinable EQ per speaker.....
    Hope that helps..

Comment

• emdeevee
      • Dec 2004

It does indeed, thanks. Now I just have to figure out how to use the notch filter...the manual does not do a very good job of explaining how to do it.

As for the IE 1394, aren't some manufacturers (Denon, Sony) making these inputs live for DVD-A and SACD? How will B&K do this in the future?

Comment

• bubbawilly
        • Jan 2005

Go to the B&K website and download the 507 S2 manual. After three generations of processors with a notch filter, they finally describe how to use it in the S2 manuals.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"