X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELI.G
    • Jun 2004

Hk Pa-4000

HELLO GUYS ! THIS IS MY FIRST POST. I'M LOOKING FOR CHEAP AMP TO DRIVE MY INFINITY SM-150 SPEAKERS [15 INCH WOOFER 4 OHM 102db] so i narrowed down my choice to hk amp pa -2000 4000 series i can use them in bridged mode to send 100 clean watts of hk power to my HT set , but will bridged channel drive 4 ohm speakers ? does anybody know that? is it safe for pa-4000 amp or im gonna screw my amp . please help me REGARDS ELI.G
  • ds22030
    • Sep 2004

From what I understand, bridged power is never good as unbridged for two reasons: 1. possible noise is introduced in bridging and 2. Current capacity is halved when bridged.

Current is extremely important in controlling large low ohm drivers.
    I would look at running them unbridged or go with a different amp. I personally have HK 5800 5ch amp and this thing is great with great HK sound. Although its only 80W/ch Runs my 4 ohm speakers well, almost well as my 200w/ch Rotel. With the extra channels, you can try passive biamping....Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"