X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpphun
    • Dec 2015

In-Khan-Neatos and amp

Hi all,
    I built the In-Khan-Neatos about two years ago for an inwall replacement fro some mains that failed, they have worked out great.
    At the time I was using a HK PA4000 100Wx2 setting amp, a HK3375 as a pre and streaming music using a laptop headphone jack to RCA outs.
    When i replaced the speakers i moved to Schiit passive Pre and also moved to a Schiit Bifrost DAC.
    The speakers as i said are great and the gear helped improve the sound as well.
    Well I am thinking i can do better than 15 year old HK PA4000 and i have always been interested in tubes.

My main question is how much power in a an amp do i need for the these speakers.

I was thinking about going for a whole Schiit system with the Vidar amp (maybe two if that much power is better) and the Freya pre and the price is right.

In my main system I have an old Hafler amp rebuilt by Audio by VanAlstine which is great. So that has also had me looking at his stuff (the price goes up).
    He has a SS amp with 150W per channel or a tubed version which is 200W per channel. I am also looking at his tubed preamps (two versions).

With the In-Khan-Neatos, i think they can reproduce the cleanest sound i can feed them so that is what i am looking for.

With the power question, can you have to much (i assume so because you are over spending), If you have too much do you just use less dial on the pre.

Thanks for the advice and help.
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"