X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregtout
    • Jul 2003

B&K Service Question

I am planning on buying either a used or new 507 through a third party (not authorized B&K dealer). When speaking with B&K they stated they would not honor their 5 year warranty on a used or third party unit.

Has anyone here bought a used piece of B&K equipment and then had to have it serviced? If so, did they truly not honor the warranty?

Thanks, Greg
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Greg, this is the way that vendors try to stop unauthorized dealers of their products now. Unfortunately, people that buy used are getting lumped into the same group, as a bail out mechanism, so they don't have to warrant the piece. I certainly don't agree with that happening, and I am sure in some states, your rights may vary. They may legally not be able to deny service if you have the original receipt. Having that though, can be tough, as most sales don't include the original receipt. The only other way, would be if the original owner sent it in for service.

The only way to really look at this is, plan on not having a warranty unless you buy from an authorized dealer.

Goodluck,
    Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• gregtout
      • Jul 2003

Lex,

Thanks for the info, I think I will spend the couple of extra bucks (in this case its about $500 more) and buy a new unit from an authorized dealer.

Thanks again,

Greg

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"