X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Santos
    • Mar 2001

MC-1 trigger connection

I have yet to hook up the MC-1's remote trigger to power up my Citation amps. There was a thread on Digital Theater started by Ricky that I figured I would reference when the time came, but that forum seems to be down fror the past few days.
    Just a quick check before I screw something up
    If I remember correctly it was negative wire to ground, and positive wire to program. If any of you MC-1 users can confirm this that would be great.

Thanks,
    Bob
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Bob, what kind of trigger are you connecting to? 110 plug, mini-audio? what?

I don't recall exactly how mine is wired, but I could probably check. What I did was just buy a mini phono cable, cut the plug off on one end and bare wire it. With the MC-1, I don't think you could mess anything up, if you reverse it, it might not work, but let me research a bit and get back here... Before you do anything!

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Bob, after thinking about this, I believe it has to be ground to negative, then positive to program, that's because that's where the trigger is sent, so it has to be positive.

I didn't verify this anywhere, but if your still uncomfortable, let me know.

Check your manual for both devices, if you have them just to verify that I am right.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Bob Santos
        • Mar 2001

Lex, The Citation's use a 1/8 mini phono plug.
        I have a cable I used with my Ref 30 that I plan on cutting/ stripping the end to use on the lex side. I thought it was Positive to program, negative to ground. Just wanted to double check.
        The system is up and running, I just have a few little things like this still left to do.
        I also havent instaled my rear surrounds for 7.1 yet. Hopefully I will be able to find the time tomorrow.
        So far using it in 5.1 I love the MC-1.

Thanks for the help Lex

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"