X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeeBop
    • Oct 2003

Using 12 volt trigger

I have an external amp I would like to use with my RX1050 stereo receiver - using the RX1050 as a pre-amp. I am using the pre-out to connect it to the amp and it is working well. However I cannot get the 12 volt trigger to work. Does anyone know what sort of plug the 12 volt trigger out requires? My amp has two screw terminals for positive and negative leads from the pre-amp 12 volt trigger.

I tried a stereo headphone minplug - put the male end into the RX1050 12 volt trigger out, cut off the female and put one wire into the positve terminal and the other into the negative. When this didn't work, I reversed them. That didn't work either.

Any hints?

Thanks!
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Try a mono miniplug cable. If you can't find one easily (RadioShack has them), try connecting the "left" channel of the stereo miniplug, which is the tip, and the barrel (ground), to the two terminals. You might have to use an ohmmeter or continuity tester to figure out which channel is which.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Kevin's right you'll need to use a mono plug instead...or just buy a mono adapter for the stereo plug you have now

Comment

• lewb
        • Oct 2003

I used a 'speaker' cable I bought at Radio Shack. It's a 1/8" mono 'mini' plug on one end and spade lugs on the other. I clipped off the spade lugs, stripped the wire and plugged it right into the Xantec relay I use to turn on/off my sub. :B :B

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"