X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wireless
    • Feb 2001

24/96

Help me out here...

I understand that the updated software for 24/96 is available or coming out. My question is realted to my understanding that players do not yet output a digital bitstream of 24/96 due to problems with the recording industry. Is that correct? If true what benefit is there to the upgrade?

John
    My HT Picts
    John
    My HT Picts
  • greynolds
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Some players allow the 24/96 bitstream from a small number of DVD's from companies like Chesky to play at their full bitrate if the preamp is able to process it. These disks are 2 channel only and there aren't many of them. Some Pioneer players and several high end players (I would assume Proceed's PMDT is included) allow this.

I don't yet have the software upgrade (should be getting it on Friday), nor do I have a player that will allow the full bitstream to pass .

Geoff

Geoffrey Reynolds
    Geoffrey Reynolds

Comment

• Geof
      • May 2001

The PMDT will pass 96/24 if the disk allows it. If the disk does not allow it the PMDT downconverts it to 48/16. I'm don't know how many players will pass 96/24 but I think it's probably normal for most players that do to follow the CSS Copy protection rules and down convert it to 84/16 if the disk is protected...

Geof
      Geof

Comment

• Geof
        • May 2001

Geof
        Geof

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"