X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

New RDC-7 Upgrade?

Has anyone actually ordered the THX Ultra 2 (etcetera) upgrade for the Integra Research RDC-7? If so how has the process gone? And if you ordered soon enough to actually have it back in your system, have you noticed any performance difference (good or bad) ?

Thanks -

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...
  • Steve Goff
    • Feb 2002

I've ordered it, but have not yet got the box they send you to ship the processor. I may get it Friday.

Steve Goff
    Steve Goff

Comment

• Razvan
      • Jan 2002

I also ordered it but haven't received the box yet.

Razvan

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

Thanks for the info -- we'll be interested to hear how the upgrade goes once you get the shipping box(es).

Burke

Comment

• dschamis
          • Sep 2001

I got the box and have already shipped it back - I hope to get the upgraded unit back next week.

Luckily I am out of town this week for business, and then over the weekend for vacation - otherwise I'd be going nuts right now!

David

Comment

• Les H
            • Mar 2002

I got the empty box and have shipped my unit back (to Michigan, a bit far from California).

The box is not good. It arrived with a hole and scuffed. One of the seams broke while I was placing the Integra inside. It tooks lots of tape and time to fix it. I hope it holds up. Bothers me to put an expensive, delicate piece of equipment in a box like that.

Of further concern is that Integra is using UPS 2 day air. Not the safest or most reliable way to ship stuff, in my experience.

Les

Comment

• Razvan
              • Jan 2002

I also got the box and my RDC-7 will also ship to Michigan ( from California). I will buy a bigger box and send it double boxed, I don't trust the UPS at all.

Razvan

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                • Sep 2001

Thanks for the updates. I really wish they were using some shipping company other than UPS -- that is almost enough to make me decide not to bother with the upgrade. (I really HATE UPS.) However, if I do break down and place my order, it sounds like double boxing is the way to go... but then, how are they going to pack it for the return trip to us? I hope our RDC-7's come back to us in playable condition!

BTW -- my local dealer didn't even know that this upgrade was being offered until I stopped in there a couple of days ago and asked if they had any detailed info on what it actually entails. Apparantly they've run off the only person who was competent enough to handle the Integra / Integra Research lines (he at least kept up with current events) :>) and make reasonalbe deals, although they asserrted that "any" of the remaining staff would be able to help...

The one whom I finally talked to did a quick internet search and read back to me what I already knew from my own reading of the Onkyo site :>) (he never found the Integra Reserach site to get the specific offer for the RDC-7 at least while I was there) and then he offered to order the upgrade "kit" for me and arrange installation for an additional "shipping charge" above the "kit" price. (He obviously wasn't reading the upgrade offer very carefully.) I told him "no thanks".

I doubt I'll be going back to that store any time soon. It seems they really have nothing to offer me at this point except a lot of hot air. With centralized service centers not co-located with the local dealer, it looks like it is better to work directly with Integra Research anyway, once the unit is bought and in your hands.

Burke

Comment

• Frank
                  • Jul 2002

Hi All,

After trolling around here for a while I finally joined. Great site for RDC-7 information.

I received my upgrade box on July 2. Brought it to UPS myself after adding additional packing material on July 3. The Unit was delivered on July 8 at 7:15 in the morning to United Radio in Syracuse, NY, held up because of the holiday. That is the last I have heard. If Onkyo's timeline is correct I should be receiving my unit today or Monday.

I googled United Radio. They have there own website and appear to be a very large family run electronics service center. Have all the latest ISO certifications and do warranty service for over 40 manufacturer's.

Frank
                  Frank

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                    • Sep 2001

Frank -

Welcome aboard the HT Guide and Club Integra. Glad you've liked what you've seen lurking and thanks for posting!

We'll be interested to find out what kind of job the service centers (including United Radio) do on the upgrade. Maybe we'll know as soon as Monday... :>)

Burke

Comment

• Frank
                      • Jul 2002

Burke,

Thanks for the welcome. Well I emailed United Radio Friday afternoon and they responded back within 2 hours..That was a good thing. Now the bad thing, My RDC-7 will not ship out until Monday, the 15th. There was no explanation and needless to say I am a little ticked off. Jim Fitzgerald ,the service manager, said he would send the tracking number on Monday. Now I have to wait until Wednesday or maybe later........Rats!

Frank

Frank
                      Frank

Comment

• ton1313
                        • Mar 2002

I got my box today!

I will probably ship it out this Thursday

Comment

• ton1313
                          • Mar 2002

I sent mine out on Monday and I got it back on Friday!! Only 4 nights without it! And those were long and boaring nights!

Comment

• Leslie
                            • Sep 2001

Gee, you give me hope. My box arrived several days ago, but I haven't summoned up the courage to unhook and actually do without it for the specified time. United must be getting faster at the upgrades. I, too, plan to double-box and add more packing material. Sigh, but going without . . . . . .
                            Leslie

Comment

• ton1313
                              • Mar 2002

Leslie,

I did not double box mine when I shipped it. I did add some bubble wrap to help fill up the box. It arrived home safe and sound, the box was the same one that I shipped out, and it was in fine shape.

No matter how much double boxing and extra packing you put into it, your return trip will be with only the supplied packing from Onkyo. They must be confident enough with this type of packing.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"