• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razvan
    • Jan 2002

new upgrade coming

Robert Whitehead wrote the following at the www.avsforum.com:

"New Onkyo TX-DS989/Integra Upgrade Coming
    No date yet, but Onkyo is currently working on its second upgrade which will include THX Ultra 2, 96/24 DTS, and Firewire, inter alia. Source: Email from Onkyo to TX-DS989 owner."

Hopefully the upgrade will also include a fix for the audio dropouts problem.

Razvan
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

That's good news -- thanks for posting it.

That pretty well tracks with the e-mail I got from Integra before Thanksgiving (which was too early to be a "commitment", since nothing was "locked in" at that time). I'll be looking forward to more specific information such as the exact feature complement, projected availability date, cost and means of the update (eg., user installable or requiring a trip to the authorized dealer's service center).

I agree that a "fix" to the Dolby Digital dropout problem would be a good thing for them to have in this update. And I keep hoping they'll throw in some more flexible bass management options, too. (But I'll keep my RDC-7 whether they do or not). :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Razvan
      • Jan 2002

Burke,

If they do include firewire in the upgrade I don't think that the upgrade will be user installable. Regarding the "trip to the authorized dealer's service center" I don't think that the authorized dealers in my area have any service centers so probably some of us will have to ship our RDC-7's to Integra.

Razvan

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"