"Dream" component -- brainstorm suggestions...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

"Dream" component -- brainstorm suggestions...

OK -- in a lot of ways, the RDC-7 was the "dream" component for pre/pros, and with its pending upgrade may become even more so (if we could only find out what that is really going to entail.) :>) And from all reports, the RDA-7 is one "killer" amp, and the RDV-1 is a superb DVD-Audio and -Video player with technology and performance unsurpassed by anything at anywhere near its price.

But what I'm thinking about -- and asking you -- is what other components might be worthwhile additions to the Integra Research line? Is there a "missing gap" in your equipment rack that you would like to have filled with something of the same very high quality, top-of-class performance and relatively reasonable cost as you are enjoying with your RDC-7?

It could be:

• something as mundane, but useful, as a "video format converter" -- something that would take composite signals and separate them out into S-video, or perhaps take S-video and turn it into a three-lead component feed, so you could have just one type of connection to your video device (remember that the RDC-7 does NOT do these conversions internally).

• or it might be something more elaborate such as a hard disc-based video storage and editing device -- kind of like a TIVO but with greater capacity and extra features...

• or maybe a high capacity DVD-Audio/SACD/DVD-Video/DVD+RW/CD/CD-R/CD-RW carousel player ...

• or a sophisticated "power center" to hitchhike on the 12 volt "triggers" and control the whole system...

• or …

I'm opening the floor to your discussion -- you can add enthusiastic endorsements to any of the ideas I've thrown out (or tell me why IR shouldn't bother) :>) or propose your own suggestions... this is more-or-less a "brainstorming" session, just for fun, but "who knows"? :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...
  • Greg Staten
    • Sep 2001

Okay. Here's my idea for a dream component:

A DVD player with a built-in digital video processor that can natively output just about any RGB or YUV resolution out there. Not only that, but one that supports anamorphic lens attachments for projectors.

In other words, a commercial STB HTPC. A no compromises solution for DVD on high resolution projectors.

-greg

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

I got to admit, Greg knows how to dream, huh?

How about SACD/CD quality of Sony's top line model, including both performance and appearance, at half the price? To much to ask for? I think not!

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"