X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Goff
    • Feb 2002

New RDA-7 to go with RDC-7

Most folks who post here have RDC-7 processors, so not much is said about Integra Research's great amp, the RDA-7, which was designed by Balanced Audio Technology. I just picked up my new RDA-7 today, and will hook it up as soon as I can get a friend to help me get it out of the box and carry it up the stairs to my theater. This beast weighs 112 pounds, and is 24 inches deep. I can't believe that I actually picked it up from our car trunk and carried it inside our house. Soon I'll let folks know what I think of it in my theater, and after that what I think of it with new XLR Silvercats; Doug has just produced a catcable litter for me (seven balanced Silvercats and two balanced Bluetigers for the subwoofer), which he'll ship after breaking them in.

Steve Goff
    Steve Goff
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

I'm sure we're all looking forward to your comments about your new RDA-7 and cables! As great as the RDC-7 is, it is good to read about other products that help make a terrific HT , too. :>)

Burke

PS -- I'm glad you didn't throw out a spinal disc carrying that beast into the house!

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

What Steve is illuding to on my breaking them in is the 9 XLRs I built this weekend are going to be Test Case cables on my new Cable Cooker that I am supposed to receive around 1 week from today or tomorrow. Since Steve's order is quite a lot of silver, I told him about my new Cable Cooker that is on order, and gave him the option of waiting to have his cables cooked, and he took me up on it! I will be interested to see how this works, but have heard good things about the cookers.

Sounds like a nice amp, pre-pro, and theater Steve! Do be careful with those over 100 pound beasts. Couldn't you hand truck it up there in the box? Might be the best solution...

Doug

Cable Guy DVD Collection
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Steve Goff
        • Feb 2002

Well, it will be a while longer before I can report on the RDA-7: I discovered after we got it upstairs that my box included the wrong power cord, a two prong one rather than the three prong one that goes with this amp. I suspect that someone in Japan put in the cord for a different county's version of the RDA-7. My dealer is sending me the one from their demo unit.

Ah, well. Soon, I guess....

Steve Goff
        Steve Goff

Comment

• Burke Strickland
          • Sep 2001

I knew there had to be a good reason for the power cord to be detachable besides allowing owners to swap it out for high end after-market cords costing as much as the amp itself. :>) Sure is a good thing that it is in situations like this. I hope you can get the RDA-7 up and running soon...

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• wbk
            • Feb 2002

I am over a month late in repying to this post but I have both units in my HT driving Legacy speakers and am very impressed with the results. The combination rivals high end stereo two channel units (I used to have a BAT 2 channel amp and pre amp) and is a killer in a home theater environment.

Comment

• Steve Goff
              • Feb 2002

Well, I've not had much chance to listen to my new RDA-7. Our huge tulip poplar tree had its way with our 90-year-old concrete sewer pipe, and $13,000 and a week later we can now use water again. Ain't backhoes and PVC grand! Of course, the back yard is pure mud, except when its covered with snow (like it was lately--crazy weather for Washington State). Dealing with the plumbers, plus an electrician and a window repair guy at the same time, has left little time for other things.

Much worse, though, is the recurrence of my hyperacusis, which I thought was diminishing. I won't go into this now (try google if you're curious), but it makes trying to listen to recorded music a painful, unhappy experience. Soon I'm going to try tinnitus retraining therapy, which has helped others. In the meantime, some days are better than others. If it recedes soon, I'll be back listening, and back with a report.

Steve Goff
              Steve Goff

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"