X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razvan
    • Jan 2002

the RDC-7 has a built-in fan???

I downloaded the RDC-7 manual from www.integraresearch.com and in it it's written that the RDC-7 has a built-in fan to prevent the unit from overheating. The Onkyo 989 receiver also comes with a built-in fan and several of the 989 owners have been complaining about it being noisy. Is the RDC-7 fan also noisy?

Razvan
  • Steve Goff
    • Feb 2002

Well, the manual says it has a fan, but I've never heard one go on, during many hours of listening.

Steve Goff
    Steve Goff

Comment

• Razvan
      • Jan 2002

Steve,

Thanks for your reply. It looks like we're among the very few people who are posting on this forum. I wonder if that's because there aren't many RDC-7 owners around...

Razvan

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

Regarding the fan -- although I am a fan of the RDC-7, and have been heard talking about it from time to time, :>) I have never heard my RDC-7's internal fan in eight months of use. But I do have it installed on a shelf by itself in an open rack, so it gets plenty of ventilation. I suspect the fan was included to keep the unit operational even in extreme conditions where inadequate ventilation would cause heat build up that could damage the unit. A little noise is better than a broken pre/pro. :>) (I'm just assuming it is a little noise" since I've never actually heard it.) :>)

You guys are among the elite of the elite -- owners (or soon to be) of one of the finest pieces of HT gear out there (the numbers are small but growing, as the product backlog indicates) who know about this site and "Club Integra" and are willing to share your questions and answers about Integra / Integra Research products in public for the benefit of all to see. (The numbers are small but growing, as shown by the fact that we've had several threads active in the past few days without any input from me until now.) :>) I really appreciate your posting (as well as that of all the rest of the folks contributing comments in the various threads) and look forward to continued participation from all of you.

And I hope you are telling others about the site when you see someone mention these product lines elsewhere. If we all help "spread the word", we'll continue to see more folks joining in the fun! It has taken a while to build, but I think we are about reaching "critical mass" where there is something interesting and useful to read and comment on just about every day now.

Keep up the good work, y'all! :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Razvan
          • Jan 2002

Burke,

You wrote:

"the numbers are small but growing, as the product backlog indicates"

I really wonder what's going on with the Onkyo products as several seem to be on backorder? Are they really so popular that Onkyo can't keep up with the demand or this has something to do with the audio dropouts? I ordered my RDC-7 on January 3 and I've been waiting for it ever since. I hope that I'll receive it soon although I'm beginning to think that this looks more and more like the Outlaw 950 delay.

Razvan

Comment

• jakermc
            • Nov 2001

I've had mine for a few months and until now I never knew it even had a fan. If it has ever turned on, its dead silent. Like Burke, mine is on an open shelf with plenty of ventilation.

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

You guys are among the elite of the elite -- owners (or soon to be) of one of the finest pieces of HT gear out there
              Gosh. Sniff. I'm. . . well. . . I'm just soooo proud to be a member of a forum with a elite few like you!

Burke, you are my hero!

hehe, was that homage to Top Gun?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"