X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jakermc
    • Nov 2001

Bass Management Questions

Two quick ones:

How is everyone handling bass management for DTS sources? I've heard that DTS movies are mixed with LFE levels that at 10db lower than the overall mix, requiring a higher level set in the pre-amp. The RDC-7 is designed for this, and allows the user to boost (or lower) the bass signal for a particular surround format. Has anyone tried this on DTS or any other decoding format?

How did everyone set the levels of their sub, using the internal test tones or a set-up disc like Avia. I did mine with the internal test tones, but I am beginning to wonder if it gave me a level that is a little too low for many movies.

Thanks.
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

I used Avia. I have not felt the need to monkey around with the subwoofer level during playback of DTS soundtracks.

But I sure do like having the individually-adjustable-on-the-fly relative-speaker-level controls on the remote. I've used them to boost the center channel when a particular DVD has especially muffled dialoge, and to "goose" the bass via the sub on some music.

Burke

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"