X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orobert
    • Jan 2010

Help with B&K referenec 50 preamp and BkcSuite

Hello,

Could someone please tell me if you can use BkcSuite to setup your Reference 50 preamp?
    If so, which version of BkcSuite and which firmware for the ref. 50?
    I have a ref. 50 (S1), firmware 1.04, and I am unable to use the BkcSuite available on B&K web site to setup the preamp.
    Some help?

Thanks
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by orobert
    Hello,

Could someone please tell me if you can use BkcSuite to setup your Reference 50 preamp?
    If so, which version of BkcSuite and which firmware for the ref. 50?
    I have a ref. 50 (S1), firmware 1.04, and I am unable to use the BkcSuite available on B&K web site to setup the preamp.
    Some help?

Thanks
    B&K suite is designed for Installers. Your B&K should have came with the correct version of software for your pre. I don't know or remember off hand the correct version for the 50 series. I would suggest you call them but no one is home.

Comment

• orobert
      • Jan 2010

Hello,

I got a correct version ok BkcSuite, but I am still unable to use it to configure my preamp, the software detects the ref. 50 but stays stuck on "Interrogating Device". I suspect my serial adapter is not correct (it is not the one provided by B&K).

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by orobert
        Hello,

I got a correct version ok BkcSuite, but I am still unable to use it to configure my preamp, the software detects the ref. 50 but stays stuck on "Interrogating Device". I suspect my serial adapter is not correct (it is not the one provided by B&K).
        You need a null modem rs232c cable , you can get a converter at Radio shack or a pre made cable. This is why you can't control it.

Comment

• orobert
          • Jan 2010

Hello,

yes, I have a null modem cable, and I made an adapter, but the pinout given on b&k site seems not to be complete. I need the converter made by B&K and given with the preamp (and unfortunately, I don't have this one).

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"