X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JustinGN
    • May 2009

2010/HDMI 1.4 lineup?

I'm very curious if anyone happens to know anything about Onkyo/Integra's 2010 lineup in the high-end range, particularly release dates and HDMI 1.4 support. I'm getting absolutely fed up with my Marantz SR6003 and its three HDMI ports and horrid video "scaling", and would love to upgrade to one of Onkyo's mammoth Processors.
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

Late Q2 probably. I am pretty sure that is what our rep said the other day. Most of the higher models will be fully 3D compliant with 1.4.

Comment

• numberoneoppa
      • Sep 2009

Yeah, you'll see the 1.4 spec rolling out to accompany the 3D brd players which will use it for output.
      -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Question for all Integra users

When using your processor and watching Blu Ray do you have loss of video at resolution changes?

I have the following

Oppo connected via HDMi to Classé SSP-800 Processor connected to JVC Projector RS35U

I played several DVDs and Blu-Ray and unfortunately I have loss of video at resolution changes!!

It is really annoying especially when the discs have previews in 480i resolutions as it chops off about 5-6 seconds of the image but not the sound. Once the movie starts if it is encoded in DTS. I miss is the DTS logo preview entirely, I get the sound but no image for the logo!

Anyone else with these problems with your processor?
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• mitch57
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by wettou
          Question for all Integra users

When using your processor and watching Blu Ray do you have loss of video at resolution changes?

I have the following

Oppo connected via HDMi to Classé SSP-800 Processor connected to JVC Projector RS35U

I played several DVDs and Blu-Ray and unfortunately I have loss of video at resolution changes!!

It is really annoying especially when the discs have previews in 480i resolutions as it chops off about 5-6 seconds of the image but not the sound. Once the movie starts if it is encoded in DTS. I miss is the DTS logo preview entirely, I get the sound but no image for the logo!

Anyone else with these problems with your processor?
          There was a review on the SSP-800 in either "The Absolute Sound" or "Stereophile", I can't remember which, that talked about this very issue. I believe it's an issue isolated to the Classe SSP-800.

You might try calling Classe and see what they have to say about it.

I have an Integra 9.8 and Oppo BDP-83 and I've never experienced that problem.
          Mitch
          :stupidpc:

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by mitch57
            There was a review on the SSP-800 in either "The Absolute Sound" or "Stereophile", I can't remember which, that talked about this very issue.
            Must be TAS because my review of the CT-SSP is almost done.

I believe it's an issue isolated to the Classe SSP-800.
            I have not had such a problem with the CT-SSP but my firmware is a lot newer than whatever has already been reviewed.
            Kal Rubinson

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"