• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

No new news

Hello everyone,
    I have not heard any news on the ref70 getting any upgrades other then firmware correction upgrades.

I heard a rumor about a room correction system and internal processing of new audio formats. But according to B&K, there is no offical word on any of the above.

It's a shame, I would have purchased one if it was loaded up correctly. I firmly believe the took away to much and didn't add enough.

Anyone else here anything?

Dan
  • TommyV
    • Feb 2007

crickets chirping....

Is B&K in an way connected to Harman Audio?

Comment

• RenoReno2
      • Jan 2005

No relation at all..

Comment

• TommyV
        • Feb 2007

Except that they share a forum section on htguide

Comment

• RenoReno2
          • Jan 2005

I wish they were the ref 70 would have everything already

Comment

• borderdad
            • Nov 2005

Ref 31

Sorry to dredge up the thread for what most would consider an irrelevant issue, but... I've got a B&K Ref 31 that I like and was wondering if it's a waste of time to hook it up to a Blu ray via analog. The manual is pretty specific about 2 channel pass through but I'm not sure what the DVD audio does. Will it pass the signal unmolested from a bluray player? If not, I'll just trade up, get a Playstation and go to HDMI. My kids are leaning toward that option (of course). Anyway, thanks for any info.
            Hola from El Paso!

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

borderdad,

I run my XA-1 (HD-DVD) player via the DVD-A input on my Ref 50 S1. I am very pleased with the results. It slowed me down form jumping on the HDMI wagon.
              "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• borderdad
                • Nov 2005

Thanks for the input. I'll give it a try. I'm sure it'll sound good but there will always be that nagging voice in my head that makes me wonder if it could be better just because some light or DolbyHD indicator comes on the reciever. Oh well, I'll just have to keep watching movies and comparing :T
                Hola from El Paso!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"