X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ray5
    • Dec 2008

Dtr 8.9

HI!
    I am new to this so please bear with me. The DTR 8.9 is 140 WPC with 2 channels driven at 8 ohms. Is 140 watts RMS or peak? Also does the power drop when you have all channels driven or will it remain the same no matter how many channels are driven. Somewhere I read that with all 7 channels driven it is 160 WPC, that did not quite make sense to me? Please advise. Thanks.
  • JAS
    • Dec 2008

While I am not really new I am not educated on how they rate the amplifier sections. Looks like it is done in several ways or methods and that in return gives different results. I am posting the data off the 9.9 to give you an idea. in real world the output is limited to the power supply. So two channels can be driven harder then when driving 7 channels. Guess those more in the know can correct if they like.

Rated Output Power (FTC)
    All channels
    145 watts minimum continuous power per channel, 8 ohm loads, 2 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz, with a maximum total harmonic distortion of 0.05% (FTC)
    175 watts minimum continuous power per channel, 8 ohm loads, 2 channels driven at 1 kHz, with a maximum total harmonic distortion of 0.7% (FTC)
    185 watts minimum continuous power per channel, 6 ohm loads, 2 channels driven at 1 kHz with a maximum total harmonic distortion of 0.1% (FTC)
    Maximum Output Power (JEITA)
    7 ch x 280 W at 6 ohms, 1 kHz, 1 ch driven
    Dynamic Power
    400 W (3 ohm, Front)
    300 W (4 ohm, Front)
    180 W (8 ohm, Front)

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"