X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BW4me
    • Nov 2005

DPS 5.5 & DTR 5.5 Help

This week I've experienced the following strange behavior with both my DPS 5.5 DVD player and my DTR 5.5 receiver.

On the 18th (one day after my 3yr warranty was up) while trying to play a movie there was no sound. I switched the receiver to an FM station and it played, so I assumed it was the DVD player. Later that night it played a movie fine. The next day the DVD player sounded like it was skipping 10 times a second when trying to play a CD.

Then later that same day my DTR 5.5 starting turning on all by itself and some times switching between channels (tuner, DVD, Tape, etc). I finally just had to leave it unplugged. Last night while watching a movie the audio went off three times. The receiver had switched to some other mode by itself and the display read TAP stereo (not TAPE).

Any one have any idea of what may be going on?

Thanks for any help,

Steve
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Any strange power spikes in your house recently? Dropped remote (short circuit sending too many signals and commands)? Had an exorcism?

Honestly, that's just too much weirdness from A/V gear all at once.

Comment

• BW4me
      • Nov 2005

Yeh, tell me about it. It's just bizarre.

I wonder if there is a circuit or computer chip that would just be going bad. I don't really know much about the inside setup. Fortunately I still have a couple months of warranty left on the DTR 5.5.

Steve

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"