• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Integra DTC 9.9!

Has any one seen it in Japan?
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

hallo wettou,

Italian forum:

Il produttore giapponese annuncia l'arrivo, per il prossimo mese di settembre in Giappone, del nuovo processore audio/video DCH-9.9, con uscite audio 7.1, HDMI 1.3, processore video HQV Reon-VX e massima compatibilità con le nuove codifiche lossless. Il tutto ad un prezzo decisamente interessante

the new integra 9.9 is in europa a model 886 or so like that...
    Integra in Switzerland/Italie/....sudeuropa is not direct importet all is Onkyo

I have only see the "perfomance" from the 9.9 and is a good gear vs. the new Marantz AV8003 and the price is 1/3 !!! (Ok design from Marantz is another world)

I think that the 9.9 will be a great pre.

Omar

Comment

• dmcgowan
      • Sep 2003

Some stuff from endgadget:

Seems it has been called the DHC-9.9 in Japan? Based on the (very short) article, I'm not sure what is upgraded from the DTC-9.8 though. My japanese isn't very good so can't decipher this:

Great sound is what we do and we’re still creating groundbreaking home theater solutions, including innovative solutions like Dirac Live and Bluetooth® wireless capabilities. Shop Now!

Great sound is what we do and we’re still creating groundbreaking home theater solutions, including innovative solutions like Dirac Live and Bluetooth® wireless capabilities. Shop Now!

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by dmcgowan
        Some stuff from endgadget:http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/07/18...9-av-receiver/ Seems it has been called the DHC-9.9 in Japan? Based on the (very short) article, I'm not sure what is upgraded from the DTC-9.8 though. My japanese isn't very good so can't decipher this
        Yes I saw all that I was wondering if anyone had it yet or had pictures of the back?
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

Hy wettou,

well be so like that!!!!!

easy or?

Omar

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

It looks like the Classé SSP-800 except it has all the codec :T

On sale for $1499

http://www.markertek.com/Product.asp...0&showreturn=0

Comment

• Pio
              • Nov 2005

The 9.9 is on their sight already, check it out, says "shipping soon" - I've been enjoying my 9.8 for months, I'm sure the 9.9 won't disappoint!!
              Stereo: Revel F208, Parasound JC2, JC1's, Oppo HA-1, VPI, Dynavector, Moon

HT: B&W 802D2, 805S, HTM4, Marantz, OPPO BDP95, Velodyne DD-12's

HP / secondary system: Woo Audio W2, Carver Sunfire, Kef LS50, Denon, and too many headphones to list

Comment

• brodricj
                • Aug 2008

Can't wait to read reviews how this measures up against the Denon AVP-A1HDci, Cary 11a and Parasound Halo C3 for audio.

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by brodricj
                  Can't wait to read reviews how this measures up against the Denon AVP-A1HDci, Cary 11a and Parasound Halo C3 for audio.
                  Should blow them away:B

Comment

• brodricj
                    • Aug 2008

What, the Integra should blow away the Denon, Cary and Parasound??

Comment

• Ray Collins
                      • Mar 2006

Anyone purchase one of these? I am on the brink of buying two and would appreciate your experience.

Ray
                      Last edited by Ray Collins; 31 December 2008, 01:21 Wednesday.
                      Wine is constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.
                      BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Comment

• Bigbinger
                        • Feb 2005

Integra DHC 9.9

I've had one for ten days without problems yet. I haven't done much playing
                        with the settings so far (the installer still has the owner's manual), but am
                        looking forward to seeing how the A/V processing compares to the internal
                        processing of my DVD (Onkyo DV-SP1000) and Blu-ray (Panasonic BD-55)
                        players. For the money spent and saved, I'm very happy.

Comment

• Ray Collins
                          • Mar 2006

Thanks for the reply Bigbinger.
                          Will the installer eventually give you the owner's manual?
                          Why is he retaining it?

Ray
                          Wine is constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.
                          BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Comment

• Bigbinger
                            • Feb 2005

I'm sure I'll be getting it back soon. This is the first 9.9 he's sold, so he's
                            just reading up on it. We're doing the Audyssey room correction on Wednesday (assuming my final theater chair arrives), after which he should
                            be done with it.

Comment

• beaverlake
                              • Dec 2008

DTC 9.9, analog audio, 720p

I'm considering moving from my B&K 307/317 to the DTC 9.9. I've heard and read various comments regarding the 9.9's performance with analog. Question, if I'm using a high quality CD or a high quality transport and DAC, feeding the 9.9 analog inputs and using the "direct" mode what will my analog experience be? Will the 9.9 affect the sound? I've been moving back to 2-channel audio and so this is a concern.

I'm using a Pioneer Elite 60" 720p plasma and comments on another forum/thread about poor 720p upscaling caught my attention. Comments anyone?

Finally, as a general inquiry, I'm running Musical Fidelity X-P200's bridged into my B&W 803s/HTM3s LCR set up, any ideas as to whether the 9.9 will sound "bright", "neutral", or "laid-back" to use some well-worn phrases (Audessy notwithstanding).

Thanks in advance,
                              gordon
                              gordon

Comment

• Dmantis
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by beaverlake
                                I'm considering moving from my B&K 307/317 to the DTC 9.9. I've heard and read various comments regarding the 9.9's performance with analog. Question, if I'm using a high quality CD or a high quality transport and DAC, feeding the 9.9 analog inputs and using the "direct" mode what will my analog experience be? Will the 9.9 affect the sound? I've been moving back to 2-channel audio and so this is a concern.

I'm using a Pioneer Elite 60" 720p plasma and comments on another forum/thread about poor 720p upscaling caught my attention. Comments anyone?

Finally, as a general inquiry, I'm running Musical Fidelity X-P200's bridged into my B&W 803s/HTM3s LCR set up, any ideas as to whether the 9.9 will sound "bright", "neutral", or "laid-back" to use some well-worn phrases (Audessy notwithstanding).

Thanks in advance,
                                gordon
                                While your shopping, check out the Marantz av8003 if you are concerned about 2 channel analog performance. I'm waiting to get my hands on a 9.9 to confirm everything I have read about it's poor analog performance. I'm assuming it sounds like there receivers which is a step down in sound quality to me with music playback. The new B&K ref70 is stellar with 2 channel. I have Installed a few (AVR707 and Ref70's) and they sound clear , clean and true. You might want to take a look as well.

Dan

Comment

• beaverlake
                                  • Dec 2008

Thanks Dan. I forgot to mention I was considering the Ref70. I've also been thinking about the ssp-800 (please, no long debates on this). I've been in hitech for years and with AV gear becoming more software-driven I'm beginning to be leary of products with delayed feature releases (which, then, includes the classe and the ref70). I've had STELLAR service and support from B&K (as long as you call and don't use email) so that makes a difference to me. As relates to the B&K, I guess I'm being romanced by the 5-point PEQ in the classe or the Audessey in many of the others. I've never really like the "Denon sound" - somewhat edgy to me but that was with young ears and earlier products so I guess I should keep an open mind even if my ears might be closing up. The bottom line is that I really like the overall B&W sound but as many owners should/might note, with the wrong electronics they can be a bit edgy. It's remotely possible that I'll move up to 802D's so I need to keep that in consideration as well. One thing I do know is that the Musical Fidelity/B&W combination works - especially since I switcyed from bi-amping to bridging my X-P200s.

I'm going to set up an Integra/Classe demo at my dealer using my MF's for 2-channel listening and my Oppo for input (if they'll let it through the door). I'll post the results here and in a few other places in this site when I've done so (probably a few weeks out). The 9.9 seems to good to be true - maybe I'll just set up a separate 2-channel system with some Audiogon finds...

Anyway, I'm doing a Saturday morning ramble and I suppose I should get back to my honey-do list...

gordon
                                  gordon

Comment

• wettou
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • May 2006

Originally posted by beaverlake
                                    Thanks Dan. I forgot to mention I was considering the Ref70. I've also been thinking about the ssp-800 (please, no long debates on this). I've been in hitech for years and with AV gear becoming more software-driven I'm beginning to be leary of products with delayed feature releases (which, then, includes the classe and the ref70). The bottom line is that I really like the overall B&W sound but as many owners should/might note, with the wrong electronics they can be a bit edgy. It's remotely possible that I'll move up to 802D's so I need to keep that in consideration as well.

I'm going to set up an Integra/Classe demo at my dealer using my MF's for 2-channel listening and my Oppo for input (if they'll let it through the door). I'll post the results here and in a few other places in this site when I've done so (probably a few weeks out). The 9.9 seems to good to be true - maybe I'll just set up a separate 2-channel system with some Audiogon finds... gordon
                                    Gordon it should be an interesting comparison! You might even save yourself some cash Integra has all the bells and whisles as Classé doesn't.

But if sound maters then let's hear who the winner is?

Comment

• mitch57
                                      • Nov 2004

beaverlake,

I'd be interested in knowing where you are going to audition these at. I live in Bow, WA which is north of where your at. I know Definitive Audio is a Classe' dealer. Where do you plan on auditioning the Integra at?
                                      Mitch
                                      :stupidpc:

Comment

• HiRez
                                        • Aug 2007

9.9/886 North American Model

Has anyone tried using the PAL video signal upscaling on the North American model ?
                                        I am thinking about switching from Rotel to OnkyoPro/Integra and this is a very important feature for me.
                                        Regards

Comment

Working...
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"