X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy0217
    • Jun 2005

RDC-7, can the voltage be changed to 240V from 115V

Hi to all,

I am thinking about purchasing a RDC-7 from the USA and having it shipped back to Australia where we have 240V/50HZ.

My question is, is it possible to change the voltage with one of these units, and if so how difficult would it be.

If not, I guess then I will have to run a step down transformer like I currently do for my AVM-30

Thanks in advance,
    Andrew...
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

The RDC-7 manual says:
    Power Supply: AC 120 V, 60 Hz
    AC 230 V, 50 Hz
    AC 220 V, 50/60 Hz

AC 120 V, 60 Hz is what my US model RDC-7 says on its back panel next to the power cord. Integra Research produced USA & Canadian models, European & Australian models and Asian models. These not only had different power supply specs but also different radio tuning ranges.

Tuning Range:
    USA & Canadian models: 530—1,710 kHz (10 kHz steps)
    European & Australian models:522—1,611 kHz (9 kHz steps)
    Asian models: 531—1,602 kHz (9 kHz steps)

I'd suggest looking for an Australian model RDC-7 (presumably in Australia, since the RDC-7s sold in the US would have the US specs), since it would have the correct power supply and radio tuning capability for Australia "out of the box". Unfortunately, they do not list any Australian dealers on their site, so it doesn't look likely that any of the current RDC-7.1 versions would be set up specifically for use there.

By the way, it might not hurt to write Integra Research about this, but getting an actual answer from them is about as probable as hitting the jackpot in a lottery (on the bright side, an email doesn't cost as much as a lottery ticket). :>)

Good luck,
    Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Andy0217
      • Jun 2005

Hi Burke,
      Many thanks for the info. Yeah I figured not only the power supply is different but also the radio tuner.
      I don't think I will bother with it as I have more chance of having a baby than finding a second hand unit here in Australia.
      Me thinks I will probably look at a second hand C2 to go with my Halo amps.
      Cheers and Thanks Again,
      Andrew....

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"