X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoundEngine355
    • Feb 2008

Classe CDP-202 / Blown Fuse

Hi All,

I've got a blown fuse at the rear of my CDP-202 where you plug the power cord in, does anyone know the value for a replacement? I cannot read the existing one as its all scratched up.

Australian 240v.

Cheers

SE.
    SoundEngine355

-------------------
    [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15
  • ak77
    • Jun 2008

13 Amp

Hi SE

I had a blown fuse on my CDP-102 and I replaced with 13 AMP spare fuse provided in the box. However my problem was a bit severe and the fuse kept blowing every time I switched off and switched on the CD player. I had to take it to Classe factory and get the power control board replaced (free of charge as I was under warranty).

Please note that I live in the UK and we have 240V 50hz electricity supply. Think you have the same in Australia right?

Andy
    System 1: B&W: 803S; Classe CAP-2100, CDP-102, Chord: Anthem 2 interconnect, Epic super twin cables

System 2: B&W: 685, Rotel: RA-05; Denon 3910; Denon DAB 1800 tuner; Merlin Choppin & Atlas Equator MKII interconnects.

Comment

• Srrndhound
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by SoundEngine355
      Hi All,

I've got a blown fuse at the rear of my CDP-202 where you plug the power cord in, does anyone know the value for a replacement? I cannot read the existing one as its all scratched up.
      Was there not a spare fuse inside the fuse holder compartment above the IEC inlet? Manual says it should be there.

The power consumption is rated at 55w, so for a 240V supply it might be somewhere around 0.5 amp or thereabouts. Don't put a 13 amp fuse in a CD player!

When I have trouble reading fuses, I do the CSI thing and use a bright light and a lupe magnifier. Rotate the fuse slowly looking for reflections of the inscribed rating. It's pretty hard to obliterate.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"