X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • creggers
    • Jan 2005

RDC-7 still top rated ?

The rankings and awards have stopped for the RDC-7, do you still think it's a top rated HT processor or have others passed it's performance ? If so which brands and models ?
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Since Integra Research's "future proof" strategy was to introduce a new model (RDC-7.1) instead of continuing to update the RDC-7 as they initially promised, the RDC-7 is no longer a current model. No one would be reviewing it these days, so it isn't eligble for magazine awards. That doesn't mean the RDC-7 is all-of-a-sudden a badly performing unit -- it still holds its own pretty well in day-to-day listening in IMO.

However, if I were in the market for a brand new pre-pro and had several thousand dollars to spend, I'd be looking at recent offerings from Classe (e.g., SSP-300 Surround Processor ) and Bryston (e.g., SP-1.7 or SP2), probably not Integra Research (or Rotel, for that matter). OTOH, if I were putting together a "budget" system from scratch, or upgrading from a receiver and didn't want to break the bank, I'd still look at a "pre-owned" RDC-7.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"