X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • creggers
    • Jan 2005

RDA-7 vs RDA-7.1 ?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the RDA-7 and RDA-7.1 amp ????
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Craig -

Welcome to HT Guide and thank you for participating in Club Integra.

By "difference" you mean besides the ".1" in the name? :>) Not much other than slightly different physical dimensions and a three pound difference in weight. In all other significant respects, their specifications appear to be identical.

Of course if you feel that THX Ultra2 certification (RDA-7.1) for amplifiers is a significant difference from THX Ultra certification (RDA-7), then you'd want to get the one which has the certification you prefer.

I have heard that the RDA-7 works better with some pre/pro and speaker combos than others, so there may also be some combination of components that the RDA-7.1 would fare better with than others as well. But I'd expect that operationally they would both perform pretty close to the same high level of refinement.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• kwojciec
      • Jan 2005

How about the sound of RDA amplifiers. How do they compare with Rotel RMB 1075 and 1095 and with Halo A51. Is there anybody who would like to comment on that?

best

Krzysztof

Comment

• Razvan
        • Jan 2002

I had both the RDA-7 and the RDA-7.1 at home and I thought that the RDA-7.1 was a little smoother and warmer sounding than the RDA-7. I bought the RDA-7.1.

R

Comment

• Razvan
          • Jan 2002

RDA-7.1, RDA-7 differences

According to Victor Khomenko from BAT ( BAT designed the RDA-7 and the RDA-7.1 amps): "The two amplifiers are very similar, but the 7.1 has still several significant changes with respect to RDA-7. The power distribution copper bur structure was added as per Integra Research corporation request. Also, some components were changed, and circuit layout updated also based on the Onkyo requests."

R

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"