X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luszer
    • Feb 2003

REF 50s2 vs RSP 1068

Any direct comparisons on the 2 units.

I am interested in 2 channel direct playback and HT.

I currently own the 1068, and although happy interested in comments.

The 1068 is excels in HT, but I could use more dynamics in 2 channel.

Thanks, Ron
  • Hoopofficial
    • Dec 2004

I owned the 1066 before my Ref 50. In two chanel mode, the 1066 was much more flat sounding compared to the Ref 50. Tough to explain but the highs were flat and the midrange was muddy. Secondly, the Ref 50 blows the 1066 away in Dolby Digital processing. I'm sure the s2 is even better

Comment

• Legairre
      • Jan 2002

I just sold mt 1066 for the very resaons Hoopofficial listed. Those combined with the fact that Rotel has stopped upgrading the 1066(I know there's no more memory left for upgrades), it still doesn't help me get new formats and bug fixes. My new Sherwood Newcastle P-965 pre amp should be here Thursday.
      "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
      Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Cowanrg
        • Feb 2004

how would you compare the ref 50v2 to the rotel 1098? think the 1098 would come closer to the b&k, or be better than it?

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

It comes down to personal preference. I like both companies about the same. What Rotel offers B&K tends to fall off and as well as B&K offers Rotel falls off.

Sometimes I find myself asking the same questions. I don't think you can go wrong with B&K or Rotel.

B&K does have it's bugs, it's one of the reasons I perfer Rotel sometimes to B&K. The clicking and popping drives me up the wall. Example DSS , most Dss receivers have a problem with popping when changing channels when conneced to the B&K VIA Digital audio. Now I changed to HD cable and have not had the problemm with that. the cable box makes no popping.

he Rotel rsp1066 didn't pop with cable or Dss running digital.

On the other hand I like the Notch filter the B&K offers. It's a very usefull feature. I also like the THX processing.

Again it really amounts to what your looking for. 2 channel performance changes per kind of speakers. I perfer the sond of Rotel and Dyanudio together and on the same side I perfer B&K and Polk LSI series to gether. I find the Rotel and B&K can run both speaker companies well but perfer it the way I said. B&K and Dyanudio is really nice but the Rotel seems to math better.

Comment

• StillLearnin'
            • Feb 2005

B&K vs. Rotel assessment

I agree with Demantis about the personal preference. Here is a link to a comparison on another forum - Rotel vs. B&K

Cheers!

Comment

• luszer
              • Feb 2003

I was told the series 2 had some initial problems but those were early produced serial #'s and the problemwas identified and has gone away.

You can't go wrong with either the 1068 or Ref 50 series 2, more just personal perference. I think both can use comparable equip. as well for source gear and amps.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"