X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snippermanden
    • Dec 2003

Saved by the bell

Actually I had allready ordered my Rotel RSP1098/RMB1095 kit when I first saw the Parasound Halo series. After lurking about and being nice to my wife for a whole month i cancelled my order for the Rotel and bought a Halo C2 and the A52 Amp. I am sure I will not regret this. And Im sure that my wife will start talking to me again when we have recovered from the financial impact.

However my old system was somewhat less ambitious except for my sub which I love (Monitor Audio Fastbass 212). I have a M&K K7 front and center speakers with two K4 Tripoles for surrounds. I am wondering what a natural upgrade path could be. My first thougt is to upgrade my fronts and center, but to what? My HT is located in our main living room so the WAF factor is very important. Somethin wallmounted - not to big would be nice. Any ideas?
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Ah, yes, the WAF. We here at Club Parasound officially encourage all to be nice to the wife ALL the time. After all, you never know when you're going to need new equipment! (just kidding)

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

For upgrade path, definitly go with front and center, then later exchange rears. Although if you got the money do it in once

Another three stage idea would be:
      Upgrade front speakers and loose the center for a while
      Get a new center
      Replace the rears

With what? I don't know. The field is wide open for any brand

With a WAF to consider you could opt for smaller bookshelf speakers (which you actually should not place in a bookshelf!). Or get some sleek, not to big floorstanding speakers. With a good subwoofer to back those speakers up you can create a nice system.

If you go for bookshelf front speakers, it would pay to get the same once as your rears and a center that really matches those 4 speakers as well. This will give very good overall integration.

As for brands .... from my experience I found that B&W works well with Parasound. But a lot of other brands can come into the picture. Now you got your amplication in order it would be nice to be able to get the speakers home for a listening session. Good dealers should be able to accomodate you with that

Comment

• Snippermanden
        • Dec 2003

small country = no demos ;-)

I have to rely on others opinions when I buy equipment.

Comment

• Scarp
          • Mar 2003

Denmark .... I've been there

Anyway, I suggest you open a post in a more general area of this forum, since its not really Parasound specific.

Like here

Comment

• MarkStega
            • Oct 2003

Snippermanden,

I agree with the comments above about extending your search and auditioning as many speakers and price ranges as you can.

In my circumstances, I fell in love with the sound from the M&K S150's for front, center, left; SS-150's for surround, and SS-350 as a sub. M&K has just started producing these speakers as in-wall, supposedly with excellent results (I haven't heard them personally). Mine are bracket mounted and not at all overly obtrusive.

I would think that the appropriate upgrade would be LCR, then either surrounds or sub depending on what yout think is the weakest link.

It's pretty tough buying speakers without good demos since they are probably the most subjective pieces in the AV chain.

Mark Stega
            Mark Stega

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"