X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidwsu1
    • Dec 2003

Darla tapping on the fist tank bottom out my boston

I don't have a sub right now, but a PB2+ is on its way. I was watching Finding Nemo the other day and when Darla tapped on the fish tank. There was a lound clacking noise comming from my front speakers.

Did anyone bottom out their speakers at the same scene???

I have been getting some great advice from Chris and Scarp on how to set up my sub when I get it. really appreciated guys.

David
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

:LOL: I found this to be amusing, only because I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Great movie. Her tapping on the glass catches you off guard, both visually and audibly. If you have a good subwoofer, you get pounded in the chest as she taps on the glass. (that little snot...)

I think you'll be happy with your new sub when it shows up, David. No more bottoming out for you!

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

I never had my speakers bottom out, but I'm not running everything that loud, since I live in an appartment.

What volume level are you running?

If I where you I would be careful about doing that again. What you can do in the mean time is play around with the bass limiter to prevent something like this happening again.

Comment

• davidwsu1
        • Dec 2003

Scarp,

My master volume wat at -10 when I heard the clacking noise. I immediately decrease the volume to -15 after that.

We watch Bad Boys II last night at -15 and the speakers handle it very well. I don't really know that much about base limiter. so I will keep my master volume below -15 until I get my pb2+ in.

I was over in hometheaterspot.com and some guy actually bottom out his bp2+ on the same exact scene. But he was also doing some demo bass dvd for his buddies too. That may have contribute to it.

David

Comment

• Scarp
          • Mar 2003

Take a look at the manual.

There is a bass limiter function on the C1/C2. This allows you to let your C1/C2 to cut off the bass above a certain level. This will prevent harm to your speakers. Setup is simple. You can turn on a test noise that the Controller generates, then increase the cut off volume until you reach a level that sounds uncomfortable to your speakers.

Then next time when a hard bass sound is emitted by a scene in a movie, it will simply roll off that loud sound a bit.

Once your subwoofer is arrived you can probably turn it off again.

Remember to check your settings and autocalibrate your system again once you got your subwoofer setup.

Btw... -10 is quite loud ... but then again I never go higher than -30 in my appartment

Comment

• efarstad
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2001

Chris and his wife came over last Sunday and we watched that "tapping" on the glass scene! 8O That was some serious/fun bass! And David...you're going to love what that PB2+ does for movies...I have two SVS subs and love em!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"