X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Boston's lead singer gone

Boston's lead singer Brad Delp died suddenly at his home, alone. No details other than that, and the band says the world just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll. I remember well that studio album Boston when it came out in the 70s. It was powerful, it was extremely well mixed, and it was a huge success.

Boston mixed the LP on recording equipment in their basement as I recall. It was a very long time til album 2, and it was a tough act to follow for them. Their success bounced back and forth a bit after that, but wow, that debut album they were on top of the world. I saw the tour for that album, spectacular.

RIP Brad, you will be missed.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

I heard that yesterday on the evening news. He lived in Atkinson, NH, about 40 minutes from where I live, and the same town Heather's grandparents live.

He was good friends with the folks at the local radio station we listen to. He used to sing at their annual Christmas radio show. He'll be missed. RIP Brad.

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

Wow that's sad, I really like Boston and Brad's voice was among the tops of the time (in ranks with Steve Perry imo).

That is a shame, but at least we can keep him living on by listening to Boston. I was trying to think what I wanted to listen to this morning, now I know what's going in, Boston!

R.I.P. Brad Delp
      Last edited by PewterTA; 12 March 2007, 08:39 Monday.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yeah, I have Boston on DVD-A if I remember right. I like their better stuff.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• bigburner
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2005

I woke up this morning
          And the sun was gone
          Turned on some music
          To start my day
          I lost myself in a familiar song
          I closed my eyes and I slipped away

"More Than A Feeling" - Boston

Comment

• mrohde
            • Jan 2007

Sorry to see him go.

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Rest in peace Brad. You made a lot of people smile with your music.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• kgveteran
                • Oct 2005

I saw them back in the mid 70's.They were touring with Sammy Hagar.Like I said, I saw them,I don't remember much, but I saw them.

What a debut album.There wasn't a kid back then who didn't like em'.

KG
                Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

• eddiespaghetti
                  • Sep 2006

"Rolling Stone" says it was a suicide. Lethal amount of carbon monoxide was found in his body.

Comment

• Kevin P
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by eddiespaghetti
                    "Rolling Stone" says it was a suicide. Lethal amount of carbon monoxide was found in his body.
                    Could have been accidental as well... faulty furnace or something... I'll have to find the article.
                    Toxicology tests by the state medical examiner's office showed that Delp committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning, said Lt. William Baldwin. Police said Delp had sealed himself inside a bathroom with two charcoal grills sometime between 11:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday afternoon, when he was found by fiancee Pamela Sullivan.
                    So much for being accidental...

Comment

• BobD207s
                      • Jun 2001

My brother did a lot of work in 2 of Brad's houses and said he was a great guy. Very normal - so sad . Who would have thought he was so troubled - he seemed to have so many good things going on in his life. He was engaged , has a terriffic local band - " Beetlejuice " ( a tribute band to his favorite music the Beatles ) plus he was getting ready for Boston to go on tour again.
                      Bob

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"