X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarkStega
    • Oct 2003

IR input port on C2

I have a Nile Intellicontrol that I am using to integrate all of my remote capabilities. Currently, my C2 has an IR flasher stuck to the front panel. I finally got around to buying a mono male-male 3.5mm cable & plugged it into the Intellicontrol & the C2. No go...The C2 does not respond to commands. I flip back to the flasher (same output on the Intellicontrol) and all is well. I tried both the main & zone inputs (since they are apparently the same, in spite of what the manual states, according to other users) with the same lack of results.

Any hints?

Mark Stega
    Mark Stega
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hi, Mark. If I remember right, others have reported that they've found a need for their IR distribution to be amplified, or POWERED, in order to feed the rear panel remote inputs on the C1/C2. (who knows, I could be wrong) Have you run this by the Parasound gurus?

Mark, your name sounds a little familiar. I'm not sure from where, exactly. Are you at the Naval Academy there at Annapolis?

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• goose
      • Nov 2003

Try an amplified connecting block. I had similiar issues with my standard connecting block and talked to Tony at Parasound. He said the input is touchy and needs a strong IR signal from an amplified connecting block.

Comment

• MarkStega
        • Oct 2003

Chris & Goose,

Thanks for the input, I'll try Niles on Monday when tech support is open...

Chris,

Yes, I am in Annapolis. I don't work at the academy, but I have been a sponsor to several midshipmen in the past.

Mark Stega
        Mark Stega

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"